Friday, December 30, 2011

Chapter 3:What the Hell is Wrong With Everyone?


*REBECCA'S POV*


There are pros and cons to being a ghost....being able to learn the guitar quicker, definitely an unexpected pro...
But somehow I thought another pro would be being able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight...that makes sense, right?  Apparently that's not the case.


So I'm thinking I need to hit the gym and between Kelsey and Amy, Kelsey is definitely the sister I need to recruit to be my fitness buddy.

Rebecca: So I think I've gained like, thirty pounds since we got here.
Kelsey: How in the hell have you gained weight?  We are so poor we generally only eat once a day, and it's usually a tomato...or a bowl of cereal...


Rebecca: Yeah, but don't you want to get healthy?
Kelsey: Bec, we're sleeping in sleeping bags on the ground every night...you're a freakin' ghost...I have bigger things to worry about.
Rebecca: Well, come on, at least go for me...it'll be fun...there might be some cute guys...all muscular and sweaty...
Kelsey: *moan, snarl* Fine.


So after breakfast, we get dressed and when we get there, this woman starts booing me...what did I ever do to her?  I look at Kelsey for a clue and she just looks pissed off.

**********

*KELSEY'S POV*


Who the hell does this bitch think she is?  We show up at the gym, not bothering anyone, and this bitch decides she wants to start talking shit about my sister?  Oh hell no.


Kelsey: Bec, go on inside, I'll deal with her.
Rebecca: Kels, don't do anything stupid.
Kelsey: I'm not going to, just go inside.


As soon as Rebecca goes in, I walk up to the woman.
Kelsey: Excuse me, I didn't catch your name...
Woman: It's Brandi.
Kelsey: Ok Brandi.  My name is Kelsey...so...what's up with the way you were treating my sister?
Brandi: Your sister?  You mean that ghost?
Kelsey: Yeah, that ghost...her name is Rebecca.
Brandi: Look, I'm sure your sister is nice and all, and I'm very sorry that she obviously died young, but I don't think the good people of this town should be subjected to her perversion.

I honestly can't believe my ears.  Is this woman serious?
Kelsey: Are you completely off your rocker?  What the hell are you talking about?
Brandi: Oh, I mean no offense, and I really do commend you for still associating with her at all, but you have to agree that her lifestyle is...unnatural.  When people die, they should accept their passing and move on, not cling to life like they do.  This world is for the living, her kind should not be allowed to be here.
Kelsey: Are you fucking nuts?  How is her being here hurting you at all?
Brandi: It's an abomination.  Life has a natural order.  You are born, you live, you die.  She is trying to change the rules.  It's not right.  I have known many people in her situation that did the right thing and decided to move on.


Good heavens, this bitch is nuts!
Kelsey: I don't even know where to start correcting your completely inaccurate assumptions about ghosts.  First of all, it wasn't even her decision to come back.  My older sister and I couldn't imagine living without her, so it was our decision when the opportunity was presented to us, we took it.  What was she supposed to do?  Kill herself and die again?
Brandi: Yes, she probably should have, but I'm sure people like her wouldn't even consider it.  They probably figured out how to keep from dying because they are planning on spending their afterlife in eternal damnation.


I've had enough of this bitch.  My temper catches up with me and before I can stop myself, I haul back...


...and slap the shit out of her.


But just slapping her isn't enough for me.  This stupid c-u-next-tuesday needs a good ass kicking.
German walks up behind me and I briefly remember what my mama's always told me about being a proper lady, especially in front of men...


Yeah, screw that.  This skank has it comin'.


And of course, I kick her ass.  She takes off running like the pussy she is.
Okay, now I can go work out.

I walk inside and join Bec on the treadmills.


Rebecca: Please tell me you didn't do anything stupid.
Kelsey: Of course not.

**********

*ZOEY'S POV*


As much as I am really excited to have a toilet and a shower on our lot, now we have to make sure it stays clean...which is not easy with four women using it.  I vote the next room be a second bathroom.


I decide to spend the day working on my writing skill just a little bit more because I am one point away from having enough skills to become a self-employed writer.

**********
MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE GYM...

*KELSEY'S POV*


I'm still at the gym and I got my workout on, and just after I get out of the shower, I run into this hottie!  I turn my flirt on right away.

Kelsey: Hey, I wasn't so sure about this gym thing before, but it's obviously working for you.
*bat lashes, flirty smile*
He gives me a flirty smile back...oh yeah, I got him.

Kelsey: What's your name?
Hot Guy: Alden.
Kelsey: So, Alden, what could you possibly need to be working on in this gym?
Alden: Oh, I'm actually here training my wife.

WIFE?!   Surely not...


He's married to this chick...ugh...SERIOUSLY?!
She's not even cute.

**********

*AMY'S POV*


I'm at the library and even though I know I should really be working on getting better at writing, I'm really not feeling it right now.

Kelsey called me earlier and told me what happened with Rebecca at the gym.  I can't help but feel responsible.  Did I make the decision to get her back for my own selfish reasons?  Probably, but I was thinking about her too...she was too young to die...except now she has to live her life out as a ghost.  That's bad enough, but apparently there are people in this town that think she has no right to be here.  I swear, I don't know why they can't just stay out of other people's business...it's not like she's hurting them.

Anyway, I start browsing in the books and pull out a cook book to maybe learn how to cook something besides mac and cheese.  I'm sick to death of eating cereal all the time.


Meanwhile, Kelsey and Rebecca show up and start looking around.  Kelsey still needs to get her logic skills up before she can join the law enforcement career.


Amy: What are you reading, Bec?
Rebecca: I think I'm going to learn to become a bartender...
Amy: What for?
Rebecca: Ok, don't think I'm crazy, but I think we should all learn.
Amy: Hmm...

It might not be a bad idea...but I need to work on my dream career before I get anything else going....


Of course, our night is interrupted when this crazy chick comes up and starts heckling Rebecca...but she looks like a crazy person with this get-up she's wearing....


As I read this cookbook and drool over all the awesome stuff I eventually want to learn to make, I run into something interesting....there's something in the back about a recipe that when fed to ghosts can make them human again...but that's all there is...just a little blurb...I have to find out more information on it.

**********

*KELSEY'S POV*


So...as much as I love hanging out with Zoey and my sisters, I feel the need to go out.  I give Bill's roommate, Hugh a call and we plan to meet at this little Irish pub.


In front of the pub this chick walks by me and gives me the stink eye...


Ugh...bitch.


Hugh: Hey beautiful.
Kelsey: Hey...


When we go inside, I head to the bar and pick out a couple drinks...and this chick gives me the stink eye too...ugh, what's up with these skanks?


Let me just say...that I am so happy to finally be able to get my drink on...


Oh...and Hugh is very good company too.  *wink, wink*

**********

*REBECCA'S POV*


So...great news!  I have started my job and Zoey got her final writing skill needed to start her job, so we're both working now...and we can afford to put up a couple more walls!  I honestly never thought I would be this excited about putting up more walls, but this means we're that much closer to having a room...and let me just say, walls are really expensive.


Unfortunately, since we are slowly increasing our net worth, our bills are going up even more...they're up to 22 simoleons now...

]

And let's not even talk about the quality of the stuff we have...our sink breaks all the time...


And the shower almost always has nothing but cold water.  Ugh...

I guess it's a slow ride up to the top.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, these women definitely make my day! I love reading from the different points of view. I'm glad the house is coming along!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine! I'm glad you're entertained!

    Cat, I'm really glad you feel that way! They crack me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING this challenge. It's just so 'you'.
    They are REALLY funny, especially with Kelsey calling everyone Skanks.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait til the next installment. I have bumped about 50 times so far waiting. (but, that might have to do with my ADD at it's best.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...it really is me...LOL I love it too Skye!

    I'm sorry, Thalbal! I'm working on a new one today! Thank you so much for reading and being excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!