Friday, July 6, 2012

Chapter 49: Two Wild and Crazy Gals

*ZOEY'S POV*


It has been the longest day ever.  Rebecca called us and told us that she has packed herself and Brody up and they're going to live with Josh.  Well, damn.  That was quick...either way, I'm exhausted.  I do nothing but go upstairs, peel out of this dress, take off my hair, and go to sleep.

A few days later...


It has been quiet since Rebecca and Brody left.  Amy and I have really become home-bodies, so we stay home, write, run the daycare, and she cooks dinner every night.  Ho-hum...seriously.  I think we're getting old.


Amy had the vegan, hemp-loving activist around for a little bit, but he's been an asshole, so she kicked him to the curb.


And I'm still talking to Terry...I won't admit this out loud, but I really do think I like him.  He always makes me laugh when I talk to him and he's got a good heart, at least so far.  I'm hopefully skeptical at this point.

*AMY'S POV*


As soon as Rebecca and Brody leave, I move into Rebecca's room.  She has her own bathroom after all, and we re-route Zoey's room so that the bathroom there goes into her room.  We're both happy with the arrangement...of course this huge ass mirror shows how much I need a new hairdo.  I'm sick of the dark brown and I'm ready to go back to my original color.


There, that's better...at least a little bit...I'm going to get new clothes soon too.


Zoey gets a makeover as well and of course we go about being fun-loving, crazy girls...or not...
"Hey friend," Zoey starts, "I got a call from Terry today, he wants to come over for dinner and he's bringing a friend..."
"Want me to run interference?" I ask.
"Wellll..." she looks guilty.
"It's cool, will do.  What's his friend's name?" I ask.
"You know I don't remember...I'll ask him...he's always talking about his best buddies Mac and AJ, so I'm sure it's one of them...whoever it is lives in his hometown." She tells me.
Mac or AJ?  "Okay, that's cool.  I'll keep them entertained while you all do your thaang."  I joke.
She glares, "There won't be any thaang going on..."
"Yeah, okay." I reply.

"Oh, I just remembered something..Rebecca, Josh, and Brody just moved into a house and they're having a housewarming."
"Oh, cool..."

*ZOEY'S POV*


Famous last words...we drive to their new house...out to where there's no cell phone signal, curvy ass roads, and wild animals ready and waiting for unsuspecting cars that pull over because they have car sickness from all the sharp curves...thank God Amy's driving...I just close my eyes and pray.


We get out of the car and Amy starts, "Well, that was..."
"Terrifying," I finish her thought.
"Yeah, not so much fun..."
"What is it with her and living out in bum-fuck?


We go inside and Rebecca greets us.
"How do you all like my house?" She asks.
Amy leans next to me and whispers, "Lie."
"It's great...the trip up was so...scenic..." I answer.
"I know the roads are bad, and we're not going to stay, but it's good for right now..." Rebecca continues.

Hmph.  If you say so.

***THIS IS KIND OF A FILLER CHAPTER...I'M HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING FROM ONE POINT TO ANOTHER, SORRY IT'S NOT UP TO PAR!***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!