Friday, August 24, 2012

Chapter 52: I Just Met You, and This is Crazy...

*ZOEY'S POV*


After Rebecca's wedding, I make plans to meet Terry at The Red Rooster.
I don't know what kind of crazy is going on here tonight, but the bar tender has an awfully weird hat on.
As I am waiting, I get a text from Terry.

Hey, meet me outside, k?

Hmm, okay...


When I get out there I am greeted with a passionate kiss.
"Well, hello," I reply breathlessly.
"I missed you today," he replies and looks at me sheepishly.
"Well hell, why don't you miss me more often." I exclaim.
He laughs and kisses me again.


"Hey Vi, what's going on in there?  Anything?" He asks me.
"Nothing at all..." I tell him.
"Hmm, well, we could go back to my place..." He offers.

As nervous as that makes me, I really want to go.  Being with Terry isn't like being with anyone else.  I know that sounds crazy, and believe me, I'm surprising myself more than anyone, but I find myself wanting to be with him more than anyone else.  I have never had that experience with any man before.

So I agree and we head to his apartment...to talk...get your minds out of the gutter!


*AMY'S POV* 


Even though we went to a wedding yesterday, the daycare still needs to be run.


And we have a new sibling pair, Cleveland & Corrie Henley...and Zoey is still asleep.  Grrreat.


Everyone is screaming, but I handle the hungry ones first, then I deal with the smelly ones.
"Couldn't you give me at least a little break?" I ask the screaming child.
I am answered with "WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I am just about to scream when Zoey comes downstairs.


"About damn time!" I snap before I can help myself.
She raises her eyebrows in shock, "Excuse me?"
"Where have you been?" I repeat.
"I'm sorry, I overslept..." She starts.
"Fine, whatever.." For some reason I am really pissed off, which is weird because Zoey and I rarely fight.


I feel kind of bad for getting angry, but we manage to avoid each other for the remainder of the day, with the exception of an occasional glare here and there.

As if I haven't had enough, after all the kids go home, I go over to my mom's to visit my little sister.


Chana looks a lot like Mom and Bec.  She has their green eyes and blonde hair.
Her temperment is a lot like Kelsey's was though.  Kelsey didn't talk until she was around four, not because she couldn't, but because she just didn't want to.  Lord help us if we have another Kelsey on our hands!


*ZOEY'S POV*


After Amy leaves, I invite Terry over.  I really don't know what her problem is...okay, yes I do...but I don't know what to do about it.  Amy and I have always put our friendship before men, and if it came down to it, I would choose our friendship over my relationship with Terry, but I just don't think that could ever happen...he seems too easygoing to let much bother him.  I hope that includes my putting my best friend first when she needs me.


When I get out of the hot tub, I see Amy sitting on the couch reading.
"Hey," I greet her cautiously.  The last thing I want is an altercation.
"Hey, what's up?" She doesn't look up.  Hmm, okay.
"Hey, we need to talk," I tell her.
"Don't you have Terry here?" she asks.
"He'll be fine for a minute." I reply.

She starts walking outside and I follow her.


"What is this?" I ask when I catch up with her at the mailbox.
"What do you mean?" she asks.
I give her a look, "Come on, you know exactly what I'm talking about...what was with you this morning?"
"Um, I had four screaming toddlers to take care of and you were still in bed, that's what was with me..." she explains, but I don't buy it.  She's been moody as hell for awhile now.


"No, that's not it," I start, "this has been going on for awhile..."
She looks down and shuffles her feet, "Yeah, well..."
"You know I'm never going to abandon you, don't you?" I go ahead and throw it out there.
She looks up.  I don't know when it happened, but for some reason, Amy has these fierce abandonment issues.  It makes it hard for her to trust people and when she does trust them, she worries that they are going to leave her or that they don't care about her as much as she cares about them.  It's just a big cluster f---k of crazy if you ask me.


"I know...but..." she starts
"But nothing.  It's not happening.  You may as well resign yourself to that.  You're not losing me." I tell her.
"I know, but this thing with Terry, it seems so great...and...you deserve to be happy and I see him making you happy...you smile more now than you ever did before..." she rambles.
"Hey, you and I talked about this, any guy that comes into our lives just has to understand how it is.  If he can't understand that, he's out." I tell her.
"Okay," she smiles and looks relieved.
"Okay, besides...he likes your steak too much to let you go too," I tell her and laugh.
She laughs, "I could teach..."
I stop her right there, "Hold up, if you're about to tell me you can teach me, please stop and remember who you're talking to."  I couldn't cook much more than pancakes and macaroni and cheese if someone paid me.
She laughs again, "Okay..."

*AMY'S POV*


After Zoey and I talk, I feel better.  Even so, I can't help but worry that since she and Terry are getting serious that everything is going to change.  As much as I have agreed when we talked about men just having to deal with our friendship, I can't imagine a single man that would, much less two.  So that means at least one of us is going to be left alone.  That didn't used to bother me, but for some reason it is now.

We invite Mac and Terry for dinner and have a good time laughing and talking.  I fixed sushi, which did not get the same raves the steak does, but oh well.


After dinner, Mac and I get up and clear the table while Zoey and Terry sit intimately...so much that I wouldn't dare interrupt them.

Whether we want a separation or not, I know it's coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!