Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chapter 57 Pt. 2: Life Sucks When You're Hungover


*AMY'S POV*


The day after the bachelorette party, we are hungover as hell, but unfortunately, we have too much to do.
"Do we have to work out today?" I whine.
"Depends, do you want to blow out the stitching in your dress?" Zoey asks.
Grr...growl, pout..."What else do we have for today?"
"I'm going with Kelsey to pick out her dress..." Zoey starts.
"Oooh!  That sounds fun!" I exclaim before she bursts my bubble.
"And you have to get the guys to get their tux orders lined up." 
I groan.  I can't help it.  Dealing with Terry will be okay, but Mac is mad at me and AJ is always intolerable.


In fact, after our workout, as I am heading upstairs to change and get the guys together, I hear a giggle.
"AJ, you're so funny!" the maids voice trails through the house.


"So you think maybe we can head upstairs and see what a good job you did cleaning my room?"
Amazingly, this gets another giggle.
Ugh.  I don't know what people see in him.  He's so irritating. 


*ZOEY'S POV*


"So what kind of dress am I supposed to be looking for?" Kelsey asks me as we head into the store.
"Just black...that's all I want." I tell her.
I decided a long time ago that I wanted the bridesmaids of my wedding to wear black dresses of their choosing.  It makes it so much easier, and I won't get blamed for picking out an ugly dress that they'll never wear again.
Kelsey nods distractedly, "Ok, that should be easy."


"Is something wrong?" I have to ask her.
She turns and sighs, "I don't know, it's just...marriage is not exactly what I thought it was going to be."
"What do you mean?" I ask her.  I'm not sure she should be telling me something like this, given I'm about to be married myself, but here we are.
"Eddie and I have been fighting a lot lately...I'm not really sure what to do about it." Kelsey continues.
"Oh, well, that's going to happen...it's when you stop talking that things get difficult." I assure her.
"We haven't spoken a word to each other in a week." She reveals.
"Oooh...shit." I blurt out before I can stop myself, "Uh...I mean...uh...that's okay...maybe it's just a rough patch."
Kelsey laughs, "Thanks, but I think it's more than that.  I keep thinking maybe...I made a mistake."
With that she turns around and walks into the store.
Even though I am worried for Kelsey, I can't help but wonder if I am making the right decision myself.


*AMY'S POV*


So...Terry comes in and we get his measurements and his order quickly before he heads off to the gym, Mac is finishing up his order, and AJ has yet to show up.  Once again, he annoys the hell out of me.
"Where is AJ?" I ask Mac.
"Uh...I think he might be upstairs..." Mac tells me.
"Ugh...I think I'm getting a migraine."


"I'm coming, I'm coming..." I hear AJ pounding down the stairs and rounding the corner to the living room.
"And my migraine worsens," I mutter.
"Come on Ames, perk up...the way I see this, you've got a pretty good gig...getting to hang out with us all day..." he jokes.
I roll my eyes, "Oh, yeah, my idea of a great time.  Can I just get your measurements?"
"Sure," he sneers, "don't let your hand linger anywhere it shouldn't."
"I am literally fighting the urge not to punch you in your nuts right now," I tell him.
"Oooh, da-yum!  You can't mess around with a guy's nuts!" he jokes.


Thankfully I get through ordering the tuxedos without killing AJ, of course there is something else I would like to discuss with him.
"What are you going to do about your hair?" I ask.
"What about my hair?  Oh, wait, do I need to tone it down...so I don't steal the awesomeness from the groom?" he asks.
"Ha-ha," I laugh sarcastically, "No, I would prefer that you didn't soil Zoey and Terry's wedding with your piss yellow hair."
He dramatically puts his hand to his heart, "Ooh, that hurts!"
"I'm sure." I roll my eyes, "So do I need to set you up a hair appointment?"
"Hell no, I happen to like my hair." he digs in his stubborn heals, "I'm not messing it up for one day."
"You have to sleep sometime." I tell him.
"Oooh, you touch my hair, Ms. Keagan, and I will give you a buzz cut while you sleep." he threatens.

Ugh.  I hate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!