Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chapter 58: The Best Freakout Is Yet to Come

*ZOEY'S POV*


After weeks of kicking my own ass, I have finally reached my goal.  Hell, my thighs don't even touch anymore.  
I guess it's a good thing because tonight is the night of my rehearsal dinner and tomorrow is my wedding day.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.  I can't believe the day is finally here.  I never really saw myself as the marrying type...and here I am...about to become somebody's wife.  
Of course, we still have to get things done today.  Amy has assured me that she has the rehearsal dinner under control, but I still have to go get my hair put in.  
While I'm out, I decide to get a new outfit for the rehearsal dinner, which I'm running late for.  Of course Amy is going to flip her shit.  I love the girl, but damn can she be anal sometimes.
I call Amy on my way home.  She answers immediately. "Where are you?  People are showing up!"
"I'm almost there, I swear...literally making the turn to the house now." I assure her.
"Okay, well I'll see you at home then," she tells me and hangs up.
Wow, stress becomes her.  Not.


I pull up and head into the house, seeing Kyra, Jake, and Robbie outside.  
Robbie greats me with a wolf whistle, "Day-um!  You look great!"
I blush and greet him, "Thanks!"
As I walk up to him he hugs me, in a completely platonic way.  Even though Robbie and I had something awhile ago, there is nothing but friendship now.


"So what have you been getting into?  How's the film career?" I ask.  Once upon a time, I had big dreams of becoming a big shot director and Robbie has always wanted to be an actor.
"Uh, good...actually...you know how Jake is living with me?  And he's trying to get his music career going?" Robbie asks.
"Yeah, sure.  He's wanted to be a musician since he was three."
"Well, we might have some more chances to do that...we're just thinking Harmony might not be the place to do it." he says.
"Oh wow, really?" I am surprised.  Even though I know he's not overly close to his family, I never thought he would consider leaving, "Are y'all gonna move?"
"Uh, yeah...we're thinking...maybe Starlight Shores?  There are so many more opportunities for actors there..."


As I talk to Robbie, Amy and Jake come over and are obviously talking about the same thing.  Huh, I guess they're serious.  (Another Broke Challenge with the Keagan men in the works?  Maybe?  What do you think?)


Pretty much everyone shows up...Brody comes in greeting, "Hi Aunt Z!"


Josh is his ride apparently...


Bec is last to arrive.  Good, now everyone is here.
I end my conversation with Robbie to go find my mom.  She slipped past me a minute ago.

I walk in and hear Terry and Kelsey talking.  I can't help but laugh at their conversation.


"You do realize you owe me big time," Kelsey is telling him, "you all wouldn't have met if it weren't for me introducing you."
T laughs and says jokingly, "Thank you, Kels.  How can I ever repay you?"
"I have a pile of reports on my desk that need to be done, you can start there." she says matter-of-factly.


"Ha!  Yeah, that's going to happen...you just keep telling yourself that." Terry is saying as I head further into the house.  I can hear my mom's voice coming from the kitchen.


I run up to her and give her a huge hug.
"Mom!"

"There she is!" Mom hugs me back, "Are you all ready to get married tomorrow?"


"Surprisingly, yes.  I couldn't be more calm," I tell her.
"Really?  Well, that's great baby.  I still can't believe you're getting married," she tells me.
I laugh, "I actually can't either.  I think it's such a far off idea right now, I feel like I'm in a dream."
"Hm, well, better a dream than a nightmare." she points out.
"Very true," I agree.

I can honestly say that I can't wait to marry Terry tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor. And, in answer to your question I would read any of your challenges, no matter what they are.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Skye! I'm glad you appreciate...I feel like my writing has been off lately...but I'm certainly trying to step it up! Thanks again!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!