Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chapter 34: For A Pretty Little While...

*REBECCA'S POV*


"For a pretty little while, I thought we had it all
I remember how your heartbeat played my favorite song
and when you kissed me for the last time, sparks just blew up in my face
you said you needed some space, and now you're calling to say...
you saw me last night and I'm getting prettier every day.

Well I'm pretty much over you and I'm doing pretty fine,
I'm making a pretty penny since you ain't wastin all my time
you say that you're crazy and there's something you pretty well regret,
well I might be beautifully broken, but I'm pretty hard to forget."

Download Rebecca singing "Pretty".

I wrote that song for Josh...I still miss him so much...we talk and I keep thinking we're going to get back together...but still nothing...and sometimes he just decides to ignore me...I don't even know how I'm functioning.


Amy's special friend is still around, even though he's gotten on all of our nerves.  His personality is so flat, I think it needs a boob job...oh well, at least he likes listening to me play...but who doesn't?  Haha, just kidding!

Amy: No you're not.
Rebecca: Shush!


Of course, my girls come to watch me every night...which is becoming more and more difficult.  I just about have a gig every night.

*ZOEY'S POV*


Since we're all going to Rebecca's gigs every night, we also party together - which is fine except for Mr. Wet Mop.  I really don't understand what Amy sees in him.  I know she's still hurt from the whole Brent fiasco, but does that mean she has to date someone like him?  He's always saying how much he loves her...well, of course he would...but I really don't see what she's getting out of this.

Rebecca: And...he can't sing...ugh.
Zoey: Uh...yeah..there's that...


Kelsey: And he's not even cute.
Zoey: He could look like the Elephant Man if I thought Amy actually cared about him...
Rebecca: Eek!
Zoey: You all are too shallow...
Kelsey: I'm not shallow, I'm just a bitch.
Zoey: Glad you clarified...
Kelsey: No problem.


Other than that, I ran into Seth a couple days ago.  He's keeping busy aspiring to be the emperor of evil and find a woman to bear his seventeen children.  Whew, glad I dodged that bullet!  Oh well, we all have to have goals, right?


So I think it's intervention time...
Zoey: Hey Amy, can I talk to you really quick?
Amy: Sure, what's up?
Zoey: So what's the deal with this new guy?
Amy: Ugh...I know...he's driving me nuts.
Zoey: What do you see in him?
Amy: *sigh* Did you know he texts me every morning and tells me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me?
Zoey: Yeah, you told me...a little...whole lot creepy if you ask me.
Amy: I guess my fragile ego really needs the boost right now.
Zoey: Yeah, but...from him?
Amy: He's safe...
Zoey: The more time you spend on him is time you're losing spending with someone you really want to be with.
Amy: Yeah...and he's just so...I don't know, maybe he'll be perfect for some other girl, but he's just so wrong for me.

*AMY'S POV*


Donnie: Hey baby.
Amy: Uh, hey.  What's going on?
Donnie: I miss you.
Amy: Yeah...um...can you come over?
Donnie: What's wrong?
Amy: Nothing...um...I need to talk to you.


So he came over right after work...and I dumped him...broke his poor little heart.
I told him that I'm not the girl for him and he's going to find some chick that's perfect one day.


I don't think that helped.  He left with his head drooping.  I feel bad, but I couldn't help it, and it would have been so much worse if I had waited.


Of course, now I don't know what to do with myself.  I recently reached my goal as an author, so everything is lined up professionally...I just have to get it figured out personally.

*KELSEY'S POV*


Soon, it's Brody's birthday!
Amy: How old are you going to be, Brody?
Brody: Older.
Amy: *laugh hysterically*  Where did he get that from?
I look around innocently.
Kelsey: Who knows.
Amy: It was you, wasn't it?
Kelsey: Why would you assume it was me?
Amy: Because only your smart ass would have thought to teach him that.
Brody: Kaka's a smart ass!
Kelsey: Way to go there, champ.
Amy: Damn it...
Brody: Damn it!


When Brody blows out his candles, he turns into a little boy.  Aww, our little baby is growing up!


The next day, when we're all sitting down for breakfast...cake breakfast...

Brody: I'm ready to go to school.
Kelsey: Are you crazy?
Brody: No...Sissy, can you take me to school?
Amy: Yeah, we'll talk to your Mama and go enroll you.
Kelsey: Why are you asking her?
Brody: Cuz' Sissy is the one that does those things.
Kelsey: Well, huh...
Zoey: Can't argue that logic.
Kelsey: I think I've been insulted...
Amy: Don't be, I'm pretty sure he just called me the nanny.
Kelsey: Hmm...true story.


Either way, since it's Sunday, Brody can't go to school, so we all head to The Red Rooster to listen to Rebecca sing.  She's getting so good!  She just finished another song that sounds even more like her.

"You've got a box of old tools and that broken down truck
you've tried to fix a million times and still ain't had any luck.
If you fix that car like you fixed my heart,
it's bound to break down the next day.

'Cuz you ain't good at fixin' things anyway...

Yeah that half-hearted way of putting mine back together
didn't have a way of working out any better
'cuz the nails and screws left me broken and bruised
and your strings just strung me along.
So you say it ain't worth fixin' cuz it's in such bad condition
and you'd rather just throw it away.

Well you ain't good at fixin' things anway..."

DOWNLOAD REBECCA SINGING FIXIN' THINGS.



Speaking of fixin' things...I'm still dating Sedrick, but I think I'm going to break up with him.  I really need more of a challenge.

*BRODY'S POV*


Rebecca: Brody!  You're bus is here!
I jump out of my tree house and run to the front, listening to my family talk on the way out.

Kelsey: They have to have a bus pick him up for school?
Rebecca: Don't ask me...
Zoey: But the school building is right next door...
Rebecca: Yup, tried to tell them...
Amy: So what, they don't think he's smart enough to figure out how to walk to school from here?
Rebecca: I guess not...little do they know he's probably smart enough to figure out how to get to the moon.
Zoey: That an...okay, that's probably true.


As much as I like staying home and having fun with my mom and my aunts, I want to go to school like my Uncle Bubby and how Sissy and ZoZo used to.

This is going to be awesome!

...LATER...

That wasn't near as fun as I thought it was going to be...
The teacher was dumb...
the kids were dumb...
and I already have homework.


Zoey: Hey Brode, how was school?
Brody: It sucked...I already have homework!
Zoey: Join the club kid, I still have homework.


*REBECCA'S POV*

As far as everyone knows, I'm doing great, but I'm really missing Josh...


I really have trouble being alone...and it hurts me that I used to sit at every freakin one of Josh's gigs and he can't do that for me.  So I get in my car and drive...and...uh...


Okay, so this is just a moment of weakness...right?


***THE SONGS PRESENTED IN THIS BLOG ARE ACTUAL ORIGINAL SONGS WRITTEN AND PERFORMED BY REBECCA CRAFT.  IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HER, CHECK OUT HER MYSPACE PAGE.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!