Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chapter 38: The Role of Father Will Be Played By This Turkey Baster

*AMY'S POV*


After my mother left, the first thing I did was change my shirt...I don't wear low cut shirts because I like flashing my cleavage...I wear them because turtle necks make me feel like I'm choking all the time.  Although cleavage flashing doesn't hurt!  Hehe...


*REBECCA'S POV*


Rebecca: I have the best news!
Zoey: What's up?
Rebecca: I got a gig at that huge stadium they just built!
Amy: Seriously?
Zoey: Wow!
Rebecca: I know, right?  I'm so nervous...what am I going to wear?  What am I going to sing?  What if I forget the words?
Amy: You're going to be fine.
Rebecca: I hope so...oh hey, I just had an idea...I think we should enroll Jake in after-school activities...it will probably keep him out of trouble...
Amy: ...and keep him from breaking every damn thing in this house?
Zoey: Dear God, say yes...
Rebecca: We can get online and enroll him...they have a study club...
Zoey: DO THAT ONE!
Rebecca: Oh-kay...we've got one vote for study club...
Amy: *laughing* yeah, I think so too...
Rebecca: Okay...we'll sign him up for study club...they have a music club too...
Amy: Yeah, do that one too.  He'll like it.
Rebecca: Okay, cool...it's done...
Amy: That's it?
Rebecca: Yup...
Amy: Well day-um...


My big night came up quickly...there are so many people here...I'm so nervous!


Of course my support team is in the front row...even though I think Jake is trying to figure out how to get up here himself...


Turns out I had nothing to worry about.  Everyone loved my performance.  They were all screaming my name and dancing...having a blast.  I have to say this is the best feeling in the whole world...being on stage doing what I love...there's nothing better.

*KELSEY'S POV*


While everyone else has been all preoccupied with Mom and Jake and big shows, I have been hanging out with Edmund a whole lot.  He is different than anyone I have ever met.  He's a really good guy, but he gives me enough of a challenge.  I really think I'm falling in love with him...but I'm still completely shocked when I do this...


Kelsey: Move in with me...
Edmund: What?
Kelsey: You heard me...why don't you move in with me?
Edmund: Um...don't you live with your sisters?
Kelsey: yeah, but they won't care...
Edmund: I don't know, I can be an asshole.
Kelsey: Oh, they are very used to assholes.
Edmund: Well, I guess so...they're related to one...*sly smile, wink*
Kelsey: *punches his arm* Hey!
Edmund: Ouch!  Damn, do you just want me there so you have someone to abuse?
Kelsey: Of course...why else would I want you there?  *wink*
Edmund: Well, huh...I guess you had me at nipple clamps...

Telling my sisters is going to be fun...


I decide to tell them while we're riding in a limo toward one of Rebecca's shows.

Kelsey: Hey guys...remember me telling you about Edmund?
Zoey: Yeah, how's that going?
Kelsey: Well, um...
Amy: Getting tired of him already?
Rebecca: *to Zoey* You owe me five bucks.

I glare at them as Zoey hands her a five...
Kelsey: Haha, slut-bags, actually...I want him to move in with us.

Amy's eyebrow goes up, Zoey's mouth drops open, and Rebecca scrunches her face up in a "unbelievable" look.

Kelsey: What?
Zoey: Didn't we already decide we couldn't live with boyfriends?
Amy: That's what I thought...
Rebecca: Honestly, I would rethink that decision Kels...you can never get away from him then...
Kelsey: I have thought about it...I know you all think I'm crazy, but can we please give it a chance?
I get three shrugs and silence...well, I'm going to call that a win...

*REBECCA'S POV*


That night, I have a gig at the local karaoke bar...this place is rocks...of course you have to compete with people trying to sing karaoke sometime...


That wouldn't be so bad if that person weren't my son...geez...I guess he's definitely my kid...


My mom came back into town...but as I'm singing, I'm not paying any attention to her...there's a really hot guy standing next to her...he's like, HOT hot...hmmm...


And he looks like he's enjoying himself...and obviously my mom likes him...I swear I see her checking his ass out a few times...


Of course, for some reason, Josh shows up...WTF, dude?  If we're over, then don't show up at my gig...and especially without a shirt on...come on...


After the show, Mr. Ken Doll walks up to me.
Mr. Ken Doll: Wow, you are amazing...I have never met someone so talented...
Rebecca: Awww, you're just saying that...
Mr. Ken Doll: No, I mean it, really...
Rebecca: Well, thanks...Mr....Uh?
Mr. Ken Doll: Oh, I'm sorry...my name is Lukas...Lukas Norwood...
Rebecca: Oh, well, nice to meet you, Mr. Norwood...
Mr. Ken Doll/Mr. Norwood: Oh, please call me Lukas...Mr. Norwood sounds...wrong...especially coming from a beautiful woman like you...
Rebecca: *heart skips a beat* Wow...well, thank you...Lukas.
Lukas: Yeah, definitely much better...

He's giving me that look that guys give you when you just know that they want you...and let me just tell you what...this guy is HOT...so we chat for a little bit longer until he has to leave...he says he's on call...and I find out that he's a Resident at the hospital...a DOCTOR!  Oh, Mr. Norwood, you keep looking better and better.

I get his number and give him mine...telling him to call me sometime.  God, I hope he calls.

*JAKE'S POV*


Check out this awesome guitar...I got my mom to get me a drum set, a new guitar, and a keyboard before I moved here.  Do I really want to live with my sisters?  Not particularly...honestly, they're worse than Mom...instead of having one woman constantly ragging on me, I'm going to have four...does that sound like fun?  Yeah, not to me either...

But I have an ulterior motive...I want to be a musician like Bec and I've been working my ass off to learn how to play everything I can...and I'm getting there...I fully intend to make it big.


Maybe things will slide more in my favor now that Kelsey's boyfriend is living with us...even though he hasn't stopped sucking face with Kelsey long enough to notice anyone else's existence.


As for everyone else, they're all crazy...


Jake: I'm really glad Mom left me with responsible adults...
Rebecca: Shut up, Jake.  No one asked you.

Rrriiight...maybe I should have asked to live with my brother...or Dad.

*REBECCA'S POV*


So I'm still sort of seeing Carey, and I think I really like him, but he's always really distant...he won't introduce me to his mother...it's crazy...


So I've been seeing Lukas a little bit and he likes me so much and I really like him....but I don't know who I like the most...

Lukas treats me like gold, but Carey is really hot...


I tell Amy my problem and ask her opinion...
Rebecca: Do you think Carey likes me?
Amy: I don't know...I have tried to understand men, I just can't...
Rebecca: Why wouldn't he like me though?
Amy: Bec...maybe he's like Richard...he likes you, but he's never going to be able to give you what you need in a relationship...maybe Lukas can...


Rebecca: Then why the hell can't I want to be with Lukas?
Amy: Because you're a woman and for some reason we are more attracted to men that treat us like shit.
Rebecca: Well that sucks...
Amy: Yup, pretty much.


Of course, the next time Carey and I get together, we get into a fight...I'm taking it as an omen...an omen that Lukas might be a better guy for me...and that Carey is an asshole...



*ZOEY'S POV*



Remember how Amy and I have started talking about having children on our own...with sperm donors?  Well, we have an appointment at the clinic for a consultation.

Amy: Okay, so what is going to be going on today?  Do we get to pick out baby daddies?
Zoey: No...I think it's just to check our health and all that...
Amy: Oh shit...
Zoey: What?
Amy: I'm really nervous...what if I can't have kids?
Zoey: What would make you think that?
Amy: I don't know...but...
Zoey: I'm more worried I have some STD they haven't caught yet...
Amy: You don't...if anyone would have one, I would.
Zoey: Well, let's keep a positive outlook...


We got in there, they took our blood, did STD tests, pregnancy tests...pretty much every kind of test possible...and told us how the process works.  It seems overwhelming now...but Amy and I talk about it when we get home.


Amy: So...what do you think?
Zoey: Um...I'm a little freaked out...but...I think it might be the right decision.
Amy: Yeah, me too.  I like that we can pick out all these characteristics...is it weird that I want little blue-eyed babies?
Zoey: Ha, I guess not.
Amy: Do you think you'll want to just buy the specimens and do it up turkey-baster style, or do it there?
Zoey: Well...it's more expensive with their help...but I don't want to buy a ton of it and then screw up doing the at-home thing...
Amy: True...maybe going there will be a good idea...
Zoey: Yeah...what did they tell you about your chances?
Amy: They told me there was no reason I should be worried...except that because of the late-term miscarriage I had, I would be considered high risk, so they would monitor me more closely.
Zoey: So we're really doing this?
Amy: Pending all the tests...yeah...looks like it...


Amy must sense my inner freak-out because she gives me a hug.
Amy: Don't worry...everything will be fine.

I hope so...I feel like I'm on a run-away train...I'm headed toward becoming a single mother and there is no turning back...

*AMY'S POV*


After our appointments at the fertility clinic, Zoey and I head out to Rebecca's show at The Red Rooster.  Her show is early, so we do a little partying.


Zoey is in rare form tonight, dancing and having a blast...

Amy: Who are you posing for?
Zoey: That guy over there...


Amy: He's kind of cute...
Zoey: Eh, I guess...
Amy: Did you catch his name?
Zoey: I think he said it was Terry...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!