Friday, June 1, 2012

Chapter 39 Pt. 1: Love is In the Air...or is it Pheromones?

*KELSEY'S POV*


Can I say how much I love having Edmund around all the time?  I know what you're thinking...how in the hell did I fall in love with a guy named Edmund?  Yeah, I can't really believe it myself...but I did...he's just started working in the business department...he's wanting to bring in massive bucks as a CEO or something...but I'm fine with whatever he's doing...even if he's just making coffee every damn day.


Edmund: Hey, I have a great idea...let's have a party...
Kelsey: What kind of party?  The kind where I get freakin' shmammered?  Because I can go for that one...
Edmund: *laughs* You are too much...
Kelsey: Ha!  You knew coming into this how I was...
Edmund: True...and I love you for it.
Kelsey: I love you too.

This is going so fast, but somehow it feels right.

One thing that kind of sucks...and I guess that depends on who you ask...is that I'm typically always late for work...


*AMY'S POV*


Since Kelsey is falling in all sorts of love, I decide to try dating again.  I go out with this guy named Beau.  He's awfully crunchy for me...he's a vegan, he's eco-friendly, and he's Wiccan...he talks a lot about the goddess of the moon.

Given all that, you would think we wouldn't get along, but somehow we do.
We bond over music - he's a big fan of the singer/songwriters like I am...and he laughs at my jokes...gotta love that, right?


We even hit up the karaoke bar...and the boy can actually sing!  Talk about a surprise!  A guy that can sing is such a turn-on!


I honestly have a blast with him...


Beau: I had such a great time with you...I don't want to say goodbye...
Amy: I know...hey, do you want to come to a party...at my house?
Beau: Uh, yeah, sure...when is it?
Amy: Tomorrow night...
Beau: I'll be there.


I'm breaking my own rule...normally I don't introduce my family to guys I date until I'm damn near ready to marry them...but somehow he feels different...and he's an exceptional kisser...

~ PARTY NIGHT! ~

*KELSEY'S POV*


It's the night of the party and everyone and their freakin' mom is here.
Rebecca invited her boyfriend, Amy invited some guy with long hair and f-ed up clothes...

Looking around, I see everyone looking like they're having fun, so I guess I've done my job and I can get shmammered...so shmammered, I'm going to need a new word for shmammered...


As I walk inside, I run into this new guy I work with.  His name is Terry and he transferred to our precinct from some little bitty town...I can't remember the name of it..but he's a blast already.  He's always joking with me at work.  I invited him because he doesn't know that many people in town yet.


Kelsey: Hey Terry!  How's it going?
Terry: Hey there girl!  I'm doing okay, can't complain...great party!
Kelsey: Do you think I bought enough booze?
Terry: Hahaha!  I don't know, how many people were expecting to get alcohol poisoning here?
Kelsey: Har har.  So that's why you're over here by the bar, huh?
Terry: Haha!  Yeah, that's it.
Kelsey: Thought so!  Are you moments away from table dancing?
Terry: Hahaha!  Yeah, think I'll get a few bucks?  This whole cop gig doesn't pay much.
Kelsey: Maybe...
Terry: I don't want to scare your friend over there though...

I look back and see Zoey sitting at the table.


Kelsey: Zoey?  Nah, she's awesome...she's shy now, but...wait a minute...you're not in here drinking, you're checking her out, aren't you?
Terry: *trying to save face* Hold one...who said that?
Kelsey: You don't have to say it...I can see it on your face!
Terry: Excuse me for being able to appreciate a beautiful woman...
Kelsey: Awww, you said she was beautiful...*jab jab jab*
Terry: *sigh* You're worse than a guy.
Kelsey: What can I say?
***silence***


Terry: Soo...if a guy were to want to...I don't know...talk to Zoey...what should he talk about?
Kelsey: Just go over and talk to her...and don't step on your bird...you'll be fine.
Terry:  *joking* Damn...just damn...who the hell raised you?  A pack of wolves?
Kelsey: I was raised in a barn...then with these crazy people...
Terry: Ga-damn...a guy would have to be crazy to get in with a group like yours.
Kelsey: Hmm, I think I'm staring at a crazy guy right now...
Terry: Probably...
Kelsey: So what are you still talking to me for?  Go talk to Z...and don't pussy out.

*ZOEY'S POV*



I honestly don't know what Kelsey and this guy are talking about, but he's staring at me....in a creepy way.  I look back at him for a couple seconds, than I have to look down.

I peak back up...still staring...back down.
Peak back up...still effin' staring...what the hell?  Did Kelsey invite a serial killer to this party?  Ya' know, it wouldn't surprise me...

I get up from the table and start walking toward the kitchen...and he steps in front of me...my heart starts beating rapidly...oh shit...this is not good...


Guy: Hey, Zoey, right?

Shit!  He knows my name...Run...run...run...
I can just nod.
Heart: POUND POUND POUND
Guy: I'm Terry...Kelsey's friend from work.
From work?  What does Kelsey do again?  Think, brain, think!
She's a cop...so...not a serial killer...OR the worst kind of serial killer...the ones that get away with it...

Zoey: Oh...um...are you having a good time?
Terry: Yeah, it's all right.  Y'all have a nice house.
Zoey: You should have seen it before we got here.
Terry: Oh...did y'all do a lot of building on it?
Zoey: You could say that...like the whole thing...


That makes him throw his head back and laugh.  I swear, he has the biggest laugh I have ever heard.  I think it fills up the whole room.  It's one of those laughs that you can't help but laugh right along with.


Then he looks back at me and smiles...he has a huge smile too...and eyes that look like they're laughing.

Terry: You're a trip.  You should talk more.
For some reason, that annoys me.  I should talk more?  Is he trying to tell me what to do?  See, now I know he's a cop.


*KELSEY'S POV*


Once the party is over and everyone goes home, we look to assess the damage.


Eddie: Good job, baby.  This was great.
Kelsey: You think so?
Eddie: Yeah...I have something I want to talk to you about...
Kelsey: Yeah?


Eddie: You know I love you, right?
Kelsey: Yeah, of course.  I love you too...
Eddie: Well, I was wondering something...
Kelsey: Yeah?


Eddie: I was wondering if you would do the honor of becoming my wife.  Kelsey, will you marry me?


Then he pops out with a rock as big as my head...and I swear...I damn near faint...

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 comments:

  1. so happy that the girls are finding love :) cant wait for yor next post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few coming out within the next couple days! A lot of changes coming up! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!