Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 46: Part 2: Something Old

*REBECCA'S POV*


BRODY: Mummah, what am I going to wear?
REBECCA: A suit that looks just like Lukas's...you have to be good though, so everyone sees how good you look.


I decide I want Amy, Zoey, and Kelsey to wear their hair the same, so this is what I choose.  It's simple and elegant.

REBECCA: What do you all think?
AMY: It's okay...
ZOEY: All I know is that if you're gonna want my hair to do something special, you might have to buy me some.


Everything is so crazy right now, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to throw a wedding together.
REBECCA: I have like, twenty different venues to look at...how am I going to decide...do I want a small wedding or a big one?  Do I want it outside or inside?  In a park?  In a church?  What kind of food are we going to eat?  Should there be a sit down dinner?  Is a buffet too tacky?  Should we have an open bar?  I have no idea!
AMY: Okay, first of all...open bar?  Yes.
REBECCA: You're so not helping...


AMY: I don't know, Bec.  I would be satisfied with a two-liter and some sub sandwiches.
REBECCA: How are we related?
AMY: I ask myself that every day.


REBECCA: So anyway...do you want to go with me to check out venues?
AMY: *groan* Okay, fine.
REBECCA: I really need your opinion.  Do you think Zoey would want to go?
AMY: No, I don't.
REBECCA: Oh...well, damn, you couldn't cushion that for me a little bit?
AMY: Hmm...no, not really.

*ZOEY'S POV*


On the morning of our first day off, we still get up early.
ZOEY: Ya' know, I wanted nothing more than to sleep all damn day today.
AMY: How's that working for ya?
ZOEY: Grrr.
AMY: Yeah, that's what I thought.
ZOEY: What are you going to be doing today?
AMY: *groan* Looking at venues with Rebecca.  Do you want to go?
ZOEY: Hell no.
AMY: You sure you don't want to...
ZOEY: No.
AMY: So what are you going to do today?
ZOEY: Absolutely nothing.
AMY: *groan* lucky.

It's the first day off since we started the day care and I really need the day off.

*AMY'S POV*

Before we even head out the door, I have gotten on the phone with every venue in town that hosts weddings and made a list.  I know this is Bec's wedding, but I have always been the planner of the family.  
AMY: Okay, I have the list...are you wanting something inside or outside?
REBECCA: I have no idea...I like outside, but I think Lukas wants a church wedding.
AMY: I think this is going to be a long day...


The first place we go to is right on the beach, but it's too small...


REBECCA: Oh, the park I perform at sometimes said they would host my wedding for free...
AMY: The price is right...


When we get there, while we have a lot of space, there's just nothing there.
REBECCA: I just feel like we would have so much work to do...
AMY: It's really more of a performance campground than anything...do you like the idea of having the wedding in a park?
REBECCA: Maybe...
AMY: Well, why don't we check out the park downtown?


The park downtown has a gorgeous gazebo that would be perfect for a wedding...
AMY: This is pretty...
REBECCA: Yeah...what's that smell?


AMY: That would be the city...it doesn't really make for a nice backdrop.
REBECCA: Okay, where to next?
AMY: There's a Butterfly park close to the river...it's kind of in a weird part of town, but...
REBECCA: I'll look at anything at this point...


The park has a beautiful covered gazebo that would make a beautiful place to get married.
Rebecca is in awe.
REBECCA: Oh my gosh, Sis!  This place is gorgeous!
AMY: Yeah, it is...


There's an enclosure for the butterflies and even that is gorgeous.

AMY: What do you think?
REBECCA: Put it on our short list.


The next place we head to is gorgeous and huge.  It's obviously a professional wedding venue.  There is a chapel and reception area.

AMY: It might be cool to have everything here...


The inside of the chapel is really dark though...

REBECCA: They wouldn't let me paint, would they?
AMY: Probably not...
REBECCA: Yeah, I don't want to get married in a funeral home.
AMY: Ok...
REBECCA: Where's the next place?
AMY: There's a little park just down the road.


When we get there, it's a little too rustic.
REBECCA: Hell no...I might be a simple girl, but I'm not this simple.  Everyone would have to be doused with bug spray before they came here...ooh, wait, Lukas brought up a church around here somewhere...


We look it up on GPS and start heading way up into the mountains.
AMY: Where the hell is this place?
REBECCA: It's kind of out of the way...


AMY: What the hell?  This is way more than out of the way...
REBECCA: Yeah...do you think we missed a turn?
AMY: I don't know, but if I hear banjos, I'm turning around.


REBECCA: Wait!  I think I see something up there!
AMY: Finally!


The church is way up in the mountains, but it is gorgeous.


REBECCA: I can definitely see getting married here...
AMY: Well, that's it for my list...are we done?
REBECCA: actually, I was wanting to hit that wine shop down the road...to see if they  have any good blends to serve at the wedding...
AMY: You had me at wine.

*REBECCA'S POV*


I didn't tell Amy, but Mom had called and wanted to meet there.  She wants to be a part of all this, and I can't blame her.  Of course, Amy isn't going to like it, but she won't say anything this close to my wedding.


AMY: I think I'm going to sample some...
REBECCA: Please don't start anything...
AMY: I won't...
KYRA: Ooh, I want some samples too.

I sigh.  I think we get our alcoholism from our mother.


WINO: What can I do for you?
REBECCA: I'm getting married soon and I want to find a wine to serve at my wedding...
WINO: All of our blends would be excellent for weddings, but you are welcome to sample any of them.


REBECCA: I think my mother and my sister have that covered.  Is there a limit to how much you can sample?
WINO: We have an unlimited sample package for the day...
REBECCA: Yeah, give me three of those.


With my Mom and Amy preoccupied with getting plastered, I guess it falls to me to find the perfect wine.  I am just about to head over to the shelves of bottles when I hear an unmistakable voice.

JOSH: Hey, dude!
WINO: What's up, Josh?

I gulp.

4 comments:

  1. I loved all of the possible venues. The last one was my favorite. Oh, and I love their car. It's so swirly blue... O_O

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made that one because they don't have decals...I downloaded some of those venues...I need to put up links to where I got them.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!