Monday, June 11, 2012

Chapter 43: Just One of Those Days

*ZOEY'S POV*


REBECCA: I miss having Kelsey here.
ZOEY: Yeah...
AMY: Quit being pussies bitches...hahaha!

Rebecca and I just look at her.

AMY: See what I did there...huh?  Huh?  That's what Kelsey would have said...
ZOEY: Yeah...we see what you did there...
REBECCA: It just wasn't funny.
AMY: Huh...I miss Kelsey too...she would have laughed.


REBECCA: I think I'm actually going to read the paper...
AMY: Did you buy it from one of those weirdos that stand in the middle of the road selling them?
ZOEY: Those are homeless people, Amy.
AMY: Ewww...
REBECCA: They give them jobs to earn a little money...
AMY: Oh, well, they just looked like creepy men to me.
ZOEY: Anyway...what's going on today?  Anything?
REBECCA: Nothing...probably going to go over to visit Lukas, maybe hit a club with him.
AMY: Oooh, I have a date with Beau...
ZOEY: Beau?
AMY: Yeah, that weird vegan hippie guy.

*AMY'S POV*


I meet up with Beau in the park.
AMY: What do we have planned tonight?
BEAU: I was thinking maybe we could have a picnic under the stars.  I have some tofu burgers...
AMY: Um...how about a movie?

I'm not really wanting to eat tofu...ick.


So we go to a movie...he picks a foreign film with subtitles...geez.

Here's the thing, I would like to be so artsy and worldly that I enjoy things like fine art, foreign films, tofu, and classic literature, but that's just not me.  I'm more of a slapstick comedy, beer and pizza kind of girl.

But I am always open to new experiences...and they always say not to date someone too similar to you...sooo...maybe it'll work out.


BEAU: That movie was so enlightening...it really made me think...how about you?
AMY: Oh, uh, yeah, it was awesome.

In truth, I stopped reading about halfway through and fell asleep during the last fifteen minutes.


At least he's cute...really cute.
AMY: So...how about heading to my place?
BEAU: ...and...?
AMY: Finishing off where this starts...


We may not speak the same language, but I will always speak fluent horny boy.


I get home and see Rebecca talking on the phone with Lukas...
REBECCA: No, you hang up first...no, you.

Ugh.


I start to head up to my bedroom, but Zoey is reading Brody a bedtime story in there...what the hell? 


AMY: How about we hit the hot tub?
BEAU: Sounds good to me...


Avert your eyes, children.


*REBECCA'S POV*


Between doing shows, hanging out with Lukas, chasing after Brody, and dealing with all this family crap, I have really let myself go, so I start hardcore on the treadmill.  I need to get buff over the summer, but first I need to lose all the extra weight I have.  My goal is to have a smokin' hot body by the end of the summer.


*ZOEY'S POV*


AMY: What are you doing over there, Z?
ZOEY: Baby daddy browsing...
AMY: Oh.
REBECCA: What?
I guess in the midst of all the crazy, we forgot to tell Rebecca our plans of becoming single parents.


ZOEY: Amy and I are thinking about getting artificially inseminated.
REBECCA: What?
AMY: Yeah, it's pretty easy apparently.  We already talked to our doctors and we both checked out fine, so whenever we're ready, we can pick donors and go to the doctor.
REBECCA: You're kidding, right?
ZOEY: No...why would we joke about having babies?
REBECCA: Are y'all forgetting how hard it was taking care of Brody?...and that was one.  You all are going to bring two in here?
AMY: At least...
REBECCA: What do you mean at least?


ZOEY: Yeah, hold on...I just signed up for one, thanks.
AMY: I know, but wouldn't it be cool if one of us had twins or something?
REBECCA: Have you lost your mind?
AMY: I have a theory.
REBECCA: Please, I'm dying to hear this.
AMY: I would rather get all my child-having done at the same time.  I'm worried I'm only going to have one shot.


REBECCA: What makes you think you have one shot?
ZOEY: Absolutely nothing at all...
AMY: I'm just really paranoid about it...that's probably one of my biggest fears - not being able to have children.
REBECCA: You'll be able to have children!  Look at me...
ZOEY: Exactly, and the doctor said you're fine...
AMY: I"m just...worried...you never know what could happen...

I know even more than being worried about being able to get pregnant, she's worried she will miscarry, but of course I don't mention it.


REBECCA: I think y'all need to remember how hard it is to take care of babies.
AMY: You know, you're right...
REBECCA: Thank you...wait...what's that look?
ZOEY: Aw shit.
AMY: I have an idea.
ZOEY: Famous last words...
AMY: We could open a daycare!


Rebecca almost chokes on her food.
REBECCA: What?!  Are you nuts?
AMY: It makes sense - we do need to remember what it's like to take care of babies.  What better practice?  And we are going to make money at the same time.
REBECCA: Z, please talk her out of this madness.
ZOEY: I don't know, I think it might be a good idea.
REBECCA: You two are both nutso.


*REBECCA'S POV*


Since I want to get out of the house anyway, I call Kelsey to see if she wants to hang out for a minute.

KELSEY: Hey slut!
REBECCA: I've missed you.
KELSEY: I figured you would.


Seeing her face is so good.  I know I sound like a crazy person, but I really do miss my baby sister more than anything.  It seems uneven at the house now somehow.

REBECCA: How's living away from us, traitor?
KELSEY: It's awesome!  Now we can get it on in every room of the house.
REBECCA: And that was different from living with us how?
KELSEY: We never...
REBECCA: I caught you in the living room, outside in the hot tub, and in the downstairs bathroom I don't know how many times.
KELSEY: Well, we can do it now without anyone bitching about it.


It feels so good to be able to hang out with her, I really don't want it to end, but it does.  We both have things to do.

REBECCA: What are you doing the rest of the night?
KELSEY: I'm a newlywed, Bec, what do you think?
REBECCA: Oh, well...


KELSEY: It was really good seeing you though.
REBECCA: Hey, better remember where we live, bitch!
KELSEY: Yeah, yeah.  Send your kid over sometime too.
REBECCA: Hell no, not with y'all banging like rabbits all over the place!  I don't want to traumatize him!
KELSEY: If just being raised by the four of us hasn't done that yet nothing will.


As soon as she leaves, I decide to call my boyfriend.
LUKAS: Hey babe.
REBECCA: Hey...whatcha' doin?
LUKAS: Thinking about you.
REBECCA: What about me?
LUKAS: About how I want to see your ass shaking it on the dance floor in front of me.
REBECCA: Well huh, where are you?
LUKAS: I'm over at Jack's...want to meet me?
REBECCA: I'm on the way.


I get there and we get to dancing and let me just say that we are definitely the hottest couple on the dance floor.  

*AMY'S POV*


After doing some research, I think I've made a decision.  I think I'm going to open a daycare.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness... I can't wait to see how this daycare thing works out for them. It should be interesting, but I think Zoey and Amy will be able to manage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!