Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chapter 45 Pt. 1: Adventures in Baby-Sitting

*AMY'S POV*


REBECCA: Hey Sis, look alive, Mom's on her way over here.
AMY: Why?
REBECCA: She had the baby...
AMY: Oh, awesome...what was it?
REBECCA: Another girl.  They named her Chana.
AMY: Well, good for her...excuse me...


REBECCA: What are you doing?
AMY: You told me Mom's coming...
REBECCA: I told her we'd baby-sit, you idiot!
AMY: Oh, well...shit...and also, why?  The kid is what, a day old at most?

As if appearing on a broom, Mom comes in.
KYRA: Thank you all for baby-sitting!
AMY: What are you doing that's so important you have to leave your new baby?
KYRA: Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I have a lunch meeting.
AMY: And they wouldn't reschedule because you had to give birth?
KYRA: You know what, never mind, I can take her somewhere else....
REBECCA: No!  Mom, we'll keep her.  Amy didn't mean it like that.

Mom looks back and forth at both of us before apparently deciding to leave her.  She puts the carrier down.
KYRA: Let me run out and get her diaper bag.

When she leaves, Rebecca elbows me in the side.
AMY: Ouch!  Damn it, Bec!  You know you have the pointiest elbows...
REBECCA: Would you quit being an ass?  Even if you don't like Mom, don't blame our new little sister.
AMY: See, there ya' go talkin' sense again...you know I hate that.


I have to admit, Chana is adorable.
AMY: Hey little girl...I'm sorry our mommy is psycho...

*REBECCA'S POV*


After taking care of Chana today, I meet up with Lukas.  We head to the country bar.  He's not as much of a country fan as I am, but we'll still have fun.  I have fun with him no matter what we're doing.

REBECCA: I missed you today, babe.
LUKAS: I missed you too.  Are you ready to shake that hot ass all over the dance floor?
REBECCA: Something like that.


I don't know what it is, but there's something about a woman riding a mechanical bull that makes the men go crazy.

LUKAS: Woooooo!  Go Bec!  That's my girl!


REBECCA: You just wanted to play pool with me so you could watch me bend over, didn't you?
LUKAS: Of course not!
REBECCA: Okay...
LUKAS: ...that's just a perk.

*AMY'S POV*


The first children we get are two little boys named Gilbert and Duane Bowman.  Hey, I don't name them, I just baby-sit them.  Either way, they're adorable.  


Since there's two of them, Zoey and I can double team pretty easily, of course, we never have time to do anything but take care of the tots.  They're hungry, they're bored, they're clingy, etc, etc, etc.  

Luckily, we make it to lunch time.


AMY: Okay boys, who's hungry?

We get both boys in their chairs and with their food.


AMY: Hey, they seem pretty pacified...why don't we run and do our own thing...
ZOEY: Like pee?
AMY: Yeah...and eat and stuff...
ZOEY: Sounds like a plan.  They're in high chairs, where can they go?
AMY: Exactly.

So we head off in search of bathrooms and food.

Only a couple minutes go by when we hear Rebecca.

REBECCA: Guys!
AMY: What?
REBECCA: You should see these two...
AMY: What about them?


Both of them have thrown their food and the bowls across the room after making a huge mess in the high chairs.

AMY: Oh shit.
REBECCA: Uh, yeah.  So you're ready for kids, huh?

*ZOEY'S POV*


AMY: Well, both kids have been picked up, I think today went pretty well...
ZOEY: They were alive when they left and we both still have all our hair...I call that a good day.
AMY: I don't know, I think Gil got hold of my hair and yanked some out...but...
ZOEY: Well hell, so much for that theory.
AMY: Eh, oh well...now it's relax time.
ZOEY: Yeah...
AMY: So, wanna stay in?  Go out?
ZOEY: Um...I was thinking of inviting Terry over...
AMY: Oooh, Terry!  You decided to start seeing him?
ZOEY: I don't know...maybe...
AMY: Do you like him?
ZOEY: Yeah...
AMY: So what's the problem?
ZOEY: I just think something is going to go wrong.
AMY: Hmm...well, why don't you just assume that it won't?
ZOEY: I don't know...I don't think I can handle the disappointment.


As soon as I call him, Terry comes right over.

TERRY: Why don't we sit outside in the grass and watch the stars?

There it is...one thing that is wrong with him...he likes nature?  I am frequently plagued by nature...mostly because it takes up residence in my nasal passages and won't let me breathe...yeah, mouth-breathing isn't really a turn-on...but I go anyway.

TERRY: Every time I look up in the sky, I think of home.
ZOEY: Why is that?
TERRY: In Butterfly Acres, you can see the stars all the time.  It's a farming community and there aren't sky-scrapers and smog like there is here.
ZOEY: Why did you leave it?
TERRY: More job options here...there's not a whole lot of crime there.
ZOEY: I'm not seeing the down side.
TERRY:  I don't feel like I'm making much of a difference - and there aren't a whole lot of spots for police officers there anyway.
ZOEY: Oh, I see.  Do you like it here anyway?
TERRY: Yeah, it's great.  It keeps getting better.


When we get up from the ground, thankfully my sinuses aren't too swollen.

TERRY: Where to next?
ZOEY: I don't know, we can go inside, watch a movie...


*AMY'S POV*


While Zoey is entertaining her date, I take a shower and get the strained peas and spit-up off me, then call Beau.  Things have been going really well with him, even though he's a little weird.

BEAU: Hey baby, how'd it go?
AMY: Surprisingly good.  I think I'm good with kids.
BEAU: I can believe that, your soul is so pure, I bet the kids can sense that.
AMY: Yeah...


BEAU: You're like, the coolest chick I know...kids dig that...
AMY: Kids dig coolness?
BEAU: Yeah...for sure.
AMY: Well, whatever it was, I'm glad it worked out.
BEAU: Yeah, me too baby...hey, I'm gonna go to sleep.  I'll talk to you tomorrow.
AMY: Sure...talk to you later.
BEAU: Yeah, later.

*ZOEY'S POV*


We watched maybe five minutes of the movie before realizing it was stupid...so we...otherwise occupied ourselves.


TERRY: I had the best time with you tonight.
ZOEY: Yeah, I had a good time too.
TERRY:  Goodnight, my Violet.

Damn, he's so hot.

3 comments:

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!