Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chapter 40: A Twist in My Story

*KELSEY'S POV*


The morning of the wedding is finally here...and I am freaking the fuck out...am I doing the right thing?  What if my dress doesn't fit?  *Breathe, breathe, breathe*

Okay Kels, let's just get through this.


After I shower and come downstairs, everyone is sitting at the table for breakfast.  The dining room is filled to the brim with talking...and the most delicious smell ever...

Amy looks over to me and smiles.

AMY: Hey baby, I made your fave.  Sit down and get a plate.
KELSEY: OMG...french toast...you dirty whore...
AMY: Love you too.
KELSEY: How am I going to fit into my dress?
REBECCA: I have water pills!
ZOEY: She has water pills...
BRODY: What do they do?  Give you water?
AMY: They make you pee...and you're not going to take them until after the ceremony.  You'll pee all over yourself.
KELSEY: How am I going to fit into my dress then?
JAKE: You have been starving yourself for three days Kels, I think you're good.


KELSEY: Ok, fine...I have to eat quickly though.  We only have an hour before people start to arrive at the venue.

So I eat and leave quickly.  Rebecca, Zoey, and Amy are going to come right after they get ready and then the boys are going to show up after that.


This whole wedding biz is crazy.  I had to make sure the food got here, my dress was here, my hair and makeup were right...




Thankfully, the reinforcements arrive.  Rebecca found them beautiful bridesmaids dresses...and of course she got them in a yellow color so I could actually see them.


Soon enough, our dad showed up.
SAM (DAD): Girls, turn around here so I can see you all.
Of course Rebecca poses perfectly, Amy just slightly smiles, and Zoey turns away.

AMY: Hey, isn't that the guy you were talking to at the party last week?
ZOEY: Huh?  What guy?  Oh...uh...yeah...I think so.


SAM: You all look so beautiful!
AMY: Awww, thanks Daddy.

Amy is definitely more of a Daddy's girl.


ZOEY: What in the...?  What are you wearing?
JAKE: What?  I thought it looked cool...
ZOEY: Are you crazy?  You look like a member of The Village People.  Go in there and change into the tux that was rented for you.


Watching everyone walk around waiting for the wedding to start, I only really want to see one person.

KELSEY: Poppy!


POPPY: Hey baby girl!

Poppy is our grandfather on our dad's side and I love him more than anyone else in this world.


POPPY: I met your young man.
KELSEY: What do you think?
POPPY: You know no one is ever going to be good enough for my girl, but as long as he's good to you, he's okay by me.
KELSEY: He is...


POPPY: Honey, your Granny would be so proud of you.
KELSEY: I hope she is Poppy.

Granny was my absolute favorite person while I was a little girl, but she died when I was still young.  I still miss her like crazy, and everyone says I look just like her.


EDMUND: Honey...it's time to start...
KELSEY: Ok...
POPPY: Go get em' baby.


When we get to the archway, Eddie can't help but do a little freakin' shimmy...what the hell?  It's a good thing I love him.


Soon enough, the wedding starts.
EDMUND: Kelsey Ann Keagan, I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife.  Here today before our friends and family, I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you with all your faults and your strengths as I offer myself to you with my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life. 


Then it's my turn...and I don't know how I did it, but I was able to repeat the same vows...we decided to go traditional.  As I put the ring on his finger, I start shaking.


Of course my family is no help.  I hear damn near constant sniffling coming from them.


Finally, all the vows and ring exchanging is over with and we get to kiss and be joined.  Ahh, this is my favorite part...who'da thought?  Hehe...


Again with my sappy family...


Amy even got Brody to behave himself for ten minutes...which was a damn miracle...

Then we dispersed to head to the party!


KELSEY: Who's ready to cut the cake?
ZOEY: Hot damn!
AMY: I have starved myself all day just to have a piece of wedding cake!
KELSEY: You liar...I saw you eating breakfast.
AMY: Yeah, well...that was the only thing.


Everyone was pretty excited about the dang cake...hell, I could have saved a lot of money on flowers, dresses, booze...all I needed was a cake...


I will say the cake is beautiful.


The rest of the day is a blast.  Beau shows up for Amy...


Lukas shows up, which makes Rebecca happy.  Hell, I think Terry even made it in.  I think he wants to see Zoey again.


KELSEY: Holy shit, can you believe I'm married?
AMY: I know it shakes my belief in a benevolent God...
KELSEY: Gee, thanks hooker.
AMY: There's something wrong about calling your bridesmaids hookers...
KELSEY: Hey, if the shoe fits...

We danced, partied, and drank the rest of the night.


Of course when we get home, Edmund and I start out our first night right as Mr. and Mrs. Edmund & Kelsey Gresham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!