Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chapter 44: Well, This is a Gigantic, Life-Size Surprise...With a Bow on Top

*REBECCA'S POV*


I have the craziest news ever...like, ever...I am at the beach jogging and I run into my mother - pregnant.  What the?  Who the?  When the?

REBECCA: Mom!
KYRA: Hey sweetie!  How are you?
REBECCA: Mildy shocked, I have to admit, Mom.
KYRA: Why?
REBECCA: Mom, have you had your uterus with you all day, because there's something in it.
KYRA: Oh...hehehe, yeah...um...surprise!  I'm pregnant!



REBECCA: I got that...who's the daddy?
KYRA: Who else?  Your father.
REBECCA: DAD!?
KYRA: Yes...we got to talking at Kelsey's wedding, and one thing lead to another...
REBECCA: I thought you hated him...
KYRA: Turns out that's enough to make a baby.
REBECCA: Are you telling me this is a hate-fuck baby?
KYRA: Bec!
REBECCA: I'm sorry, but...damn...


KYRA: The doctor says it might be twins!
REBECCA: Dear God.
KYRA: You shouldn't use the Lord's name in vein like that.
REBECCA: I have no idea why Amy is worried about having children.  If you're any indication...you're like the most fertile person I know.
KYRA: Amy needs to worry about finding a husband first.
REBECCA: Says the woman that just got impregnated by her ex-husband.

*AMY'S POV*


REBECCA: You all will not believe who I ran into yesterday.
ZOEY: No tellin'...
REBECCA: Mom.
AMY: My condolences.
REBECCA: There's more...she's pregnant.
AMY: What?!  How the hell...?
REBECCA: Dad.
AMY: I think I'm going to gag.
ZOEY: Bright side, if your parents are any indication, you won't have any problem getting pregnant.
REBECCA: That's what I said.
ZOEY: I mean, for real, how many kids is that now?
AMY: It will be the sixth...for them together...
ZOEY: Oh, that's right, he's got another baby mama...how many did they have?
REBECCA: Two...one of which is younger than Brody...so weird.
ZOEY: So are they not together anymore?
AMY: Who knows...


After breakfast and Brody heads off to school and Rebecca heads out for something, I have to talk to Zoey.

ZOEY: Does your mom being pregnant bother you?
AMY: Eh, not really.  I figure the kid is going to end up living with me at some point.
ZOEY: Okay, well that's good.  So...how are we on the baby artificial insemination front?  Are we ready?
AMY: Well, I did something that might help us decide whether or not we're ready.
ZOEY: What?
AMY: I opened a daycare.


ZOEY: Are you serious?
AMY: It makes sense, we need to know if we're able to take care of kids...
ZOEY: Yeah, but...
AMY: I know, other people's children are annoying, but if we can handle taking care of their little brats, we'll definitely be able to handle ours.
ZOEY: It scares me how your mind works, you know that, don't you?
AMY: I can't help it...so will you help me?
ZOEY: I guess...when is all this going down?


AMY: It starts Monday.
ZOEY: *sigh* Okay.

*ZOEY'S POV*

Feeling my single girl freedom slowly fading away, I decide to go out dancing.


As I'm about to head to the dance floor, I see Terry.  My heart leaps and I want to hide.  Maybe he won't see me.


As I'm staring at him, he turns his head and our eyes meet.  Well, so much for running and hiding.


TERRY: Well, hey there.
ZOEY: Hi...how are you?
TERRY: Pretty good...really good now.  How about you.
ZOEY: *blush* I'm good...


TERRY: Where's your entourage?
ZOEY: They're all at home tonight.  I just wanted to get out.
TERRY: I get that.  What's the plan tonight?  Drinks?  Swimming?  Dancing?
ZOEY: I think I want to hit the dance floor tonight.
TERRY: Oh really?  Do you mind if I join you?
ZOEY: You dance?
*Oh great, he's gay.*
TERRY: A little.
ZOEY: Oh, okay.



I walk ahead of him on to the dance floor, fully expecting him to do the Straight Man Bobble...



I start dancing then look back at him and I'll be damned if he's not keeping up right with me...well, that's a surprise.



ZOEY: Look at you!  You're pretty good.
TERRY: So are you...



That's the last thing we say to each other...and as corny as it sounds, we let our bodies do the talking.



To think I used to make fun of Usher for wanting to "make love in this club."
I kind of get where he's coming from now.

He has an intense stare in his eyes and mostly we're doing our own thing, which I like, but every now and then he grabs my hand and spins me around...and heaven help me, I actually like it.


We dance until we damn near fall over on each other, so he takes my hand and we both start laughing.

TERRY: This is the most fun I've had in a long time.
ZOEY: Yeah, for me too.
TERRY: You must come out with your friends all the time though...
ZOEY: Not really...I think I'm starting to get to old for it.
TERRY: Girl, I can tell you this, you ain't to old for it.

*blush, blush, blush...did I mention I am blushing?*


He looks at me for a long time, keeps opening his mouth like he's going to say something, but then stops.
Finally, he speaks.

TERRY: I was wondering, would you like to go out with me sometime on purpose?
ZOEY: Like a date?
TERRY: I don't know...uh...yeah, I guess that's what I mean.
ZOEY: Okay, not to be difficult, but is that what you mean or not?
TERRY: Yeah, that's what I mean...you're not going to let me get away with saving face, are you?
ZOEY: Why would you need to save face?
TERRY: *under breath* Damn...*aloud* Okay, the truth is, I really like you.  I have liked you since the moment I saw you, but I don't want to seem to...crazy...

Damn.  I had to go and push it before I knew how I felt myself...but I don't want to make him stand out on a ledge by himself if I'm right there too...and maybe...
Okay, Zoey, think quick...shit...he's a cop...he's...hilarious...he's a great dancer...he's mildly attractive...okay, he's very attractive...aww shit.

ZOEY: *almost a whisper* I like you too.
TERRY: What?
ZOEY: *really loud* I like you too.
TERRY: Say that again?
ZOEY: You heard me that time.
TERRY: *big, irresistible smile* I know, I just wanted to hear you say it again.

Heaven help me.  What am I getting myself into?

1 comment:

  1. Best entry ever! Kyra getting a little taste of her own medicine. Poetic justice, yes? Zoey and Terry are adorable-ness times ten! My mouth is dry I laughed so much. Need water...but must read more...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!