Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chapter 47 Pt. 3: Dance Until the World Ends

*AMY'S POV*


The next week went by without incident, and soon it was time for the bachelorette party!  We decided to go to Whistle's where we could dance, play pool, and drink ourselves stupid.


KELSEY: Look out, bitches!  The party has arrived!

Leave it to Kelsey to make an entrance.


REBECCA: Ah, just in time!
KELSEY: What the hell...?


KELSEY: Oh bitch...you better not...




KELSEY: Shit!  I'm going to punch you in your face!
REBECCA: You wouldn't...I'm about to get married.
KELSEY: Wanna bet?
AMY: Yeah, I don't think she's above giving you a black eye to walk down the aisle with.
ZOEY: It'd be something new.

Excuse me while I pick my laughing ass up off the floor.


That's the start to a great evening if you ask me.  We open a tab, order some food, and dance for awhile...which somehow includes Kelsey stripping down to her swim suit.

And we're all living it up until we hear a male voice.


LUKAS: Hey ladies, how's it going?
REBECCA: What the hell?

He walks over to the pool table and starts playing.

*REBECCA'S POV*


I don't know what it is, but there's something really irritating about him being here right now.


REBECCA: Hey babe...what's going on?
LUKAS: Nothing, I just thought I would hang out with you all.
REBECCA: But this is my bachelorette party..
LUKAS: So...guys can't hang out?
REBECCA: No...that's the point.
LUKAS: Are you mad at me?
REBECCA: No...I'm just...
LUKAS: It's okay, I'll go...
REBECCA: I don't want to be a bitch...
LUKAS: You're not being...I was just bored...and I didn't realize you all would be here anyway...
REBECCA: It's my favorite bar...
LUKAS: Yeah, but...I don't know.  Look, I'm going to go home...
REBECCA: Are you sure?  You can stay...
LUKAS: No...I don't know if I can handle all these women anyway...I love you.
REBECCA: Love you too...

He gives me a quick kiss and walks out the door.  As soon as I hear his car pull out, I let out a sigh of relief.


REBECCA: Woo-hoo!
ZOEY: Excited?
REBECCA: Hell yeah...that was a little too much to handle tonight.

I have a few more drinks, play pool, dance, ride the mechanical bull a couple times...but somehow I find myself away from everyone else...and something occurs to me.



*ZOEY'S POV*


KELSEY: What's going on with you bitches?
ZOEY: Nothing much...
AMY: Oh...have you talked to Bec recently?
KELSEY: Yes, to hear random shit about the wedding...why?
AMY: You will never believe who she ran into the other day...
Kelsey looks over at her and shrugs.


AMY: Josh.
KELSEY: Josh...as in...ex-boyfriend, massive heartbreak Josh?
AMY: That very one.
KELSEY: Shit.
AMY: Yeah...
KELSEY: What happened?
AMY: They talked, Mom got pissy, they left...
KELSEY: Mom saw it?


I tune them out while Amy finishes the story.  I look around and see lots of Rebecca's friends dancing and having fun...but...

ZOEY: Uh...guys...
KELSEY: That's effed up...

ZOEY: Guys...
AMY: What?
ZOEY: Do you see Rebecca anywhere around here?
Quick look around...still don't see her.
KELSEY: Amy, did you take her phone?
AMY: Um...
KELSEY: You know how we drunk dial...
AMY: Uh, correction, you drunk dial.
KELSEY: Yeah, shut up...
ZOEY: Think we might call Rebecca?
Amy picks up her phone and dials.  She sits on it for a second, but then she hangs up.
AMY: It's ringing, but she didn't answer.
KELSEY: Hey, that means we can track it...
AMY: How are we going to do that?
KELSEY: Mom tracks us all the time...she gave me her username and password when I lost my phone a couple weeks ago.
AMY: Mom tracks us?
KELSEY: Yup...
AMY: That bitch...
KELSEY: Yeah, well, thank the bitch right about now.  I found her.

We all get into the car and put the address in our phone.  It's not our house, but it sounds familiar.


We drive downtown and past a bunch of the bigger buildings, and finally spot her...walking into one of the buildings.

ZOEY: What the hell?  Where is she going?
AMY: Oh shit.
ZOEY: What's wrong?
AMY: It's Josh's apartment.
ZOEY: Oh shit.
KELSEY: 50 bucks says the wedding is off.
AMY: I'm not going to bet...
KELSEY: 100 bucks...
AMY: You're on.
ZOEY: Damn.

We can't find a parking spot, so Kelsey has to drive around.  Amy and I go inside.  By the time we get to the door, she is in the lobby.


REBECCA: What the fuck guys...how did you find me?
AMY: GPS, bitch.
ZOEY: What are you doing here?
REBECCA: It's my business...leave me alone.
AMY: Look, do what you want...I'm going to be in the car.

I stop her before she leaves.
ZOEY: What are you doing?
AMY: This is none of our business.  If she wants to fuck her life up, that's her business.

I raise my eyebrows.
ZOEY: Um...okay...
AMY: Are you coming?
ZOEY: Give me a minute.



As Amy leaves, I walk toward Rebecca, desperately thinking about what I am going to say.  When I get to her and realize this is the point where I should open my mouth, but I still haven't thought of anything.

ZOEY: What are you doing, Bec?
REBECCA: I just have to see him...just one more time...to know for sure...
ZOEY: To know what?  That he really dumped you, leaving you in such a depressed state, you could barely function for months?

 

REBECCA: I know...but...when I saw him last week...it was just...
ZOEY: Look, I don't normally tell people how to live their lives, that's up to you, and I'm not telling you to marry Lukas and forget about Josh, but don't do it this way.
REBECCA: What are you talking about?  I just want to talk to him.


ZOEY: Bec, it's 3am.  You know good and damn well when you go up to his apartment, you're going to end up sleeping with him.  You're not going to be able to stop yourself.
REBECCA: If that happens than I'll know we're meant to be together.
ZOEY: First off, no you won't.  Secondly, what about the fallout?  What about Lukas?  Do you really want to end your relationship with him this way?  By cheating on him with your ex-boyfriend?
REBECCA: No, but...maybe I'm supposed to be with Josh.
ZOEY: Than do it the right way.  Talk to Lukas, postpone the wedding, take some time for yourself.
REBECCA: What if Lukas won't do that?  What if he says he doesn't want to wait and if I won't marry him now, he doesn't want to marry me?
ZOEY: That's a risk you're going to have to take.  If he's not willing to wait, he probably wasn't worth it to begin with.


REBECCA: You're right...
ZOEY: Seriously?
REBECCA: Yeah, I shouldn't do this.


I breathe a sigh of relief.  I can't believe I actually talked her out of it.

ZOEY: Okay, let's go home.  I'm sure Kelsey and Amy look suspicious as hell circling in this neighborhood.
REBECCA: Go on out and meet them.  I have my car, I'll drive it home.
ZOEY: Are you really coming?
REBECCA: Yes, I'm following you out.


*REBECCA'S POV*


I follow Zoey out the door and start walking to my car.  I have every intention of getting in and going home.  I really do, but as I see her get in the car and take off, I can't help myself.

I turn around, head up the elevator, use my old key to get in, and find Josh...he is in bed, but when he sees me, he jumps up.

REBECCA: I think I'm still in love with you.
JOSH: I know I'm still in love with you.



My wedding is tomorrow.

I am soooo screwed.

4 comments:

  1. Dang it, Rebecca! Screw up life again with that no-good-baby-making fool? Giiiiirl.... girl. You need to decide. I mean, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, your comment cracks me up! You're right though!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!