Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chapter 47 Pt. 2: The World Stands Still

*AMY'S POV*


I'm pretty sure the wino that runs the Wine and Spirits shop ran out of wine by the time we were done with our all day pass.  He mistakenly thought no one could possibly drink all that much...guess he'd never met us.

As we get in the car, Rebecca looks at me warily.
AMY: What?
REBECCA: Are you okay to drive?
AMY: Probably not.
REBECCA: Well, you better get okay quick...
AMY: Why?


REBECCA: There's a cop ahead of us...
AMY: Shit...
REBECCA: Well, I guess as long as he stays in front of us, we won't have any problems.
AMY: Where are we going?  Home?
REBECCA: Nah, let's go to lunch...we can sober up before we head back.
AMY: Or drink more...
REBECCA: Are you serious?  You need a twelve step program...
AMY: I'm sorry, were you present today?
REBECCA: Yeah...shit, you're right.


So we head up to the little bistro up the hill, which probably isn't very smart.  These roads are hard to drive sober...but somehow we make it there alive and get our food.

We eat in silence for a little bit before Rebecca starts ranting.


REBECCA: What the hell was wrong with Mom today?  It's not like I banged Josh right in the middle of the store...
AMY: Right...
REBECCA: Exactly, and it wasn't like I was going to either...
AMY: Nope.
REBECCA: I mean, things between Josh and I are over...they've been over for a long time.
AMY: Yup.
REBECCA: Which I'm glad of..Josh is kind of full of himself, ya' know?
AMY: Uh-huh.
REBECCA: I'm much better off with Lukas...I love him...he is definitely the one for me.


AMY: Mm-hmm.
REBECCA: I mean, I'm a grown woman, how the hell can she tell me what to do?
AMY: Amen.
REBECCA: I guess I should just get over it...it's not like it matters, right?
AMY: Negative.
REBECCA: I mean, I'm marrying Lukas, and that's the end of it...there's no turning back.


AMY: Bec, whatever you want to do...marry Lukas, don't marry Lukas...it's fine.  Tell everyone else to go fuck themselves.  The only person that lives your life is you.  You need to be happy with it.
REBECCA: I just need to worry about me and Brody.
AMY: Exactly.


*ZOEY'S POV*

I spent my day off doing absolutely nothing, which was awesome...it was quiet here for once.  Rebecca and Amy spent the day out and Brody is over at Kelsey & Eddie's...and amazingly Robbie and Jake haven't been coming over here bumming food.


Of course, this all changes when Rebecca and Amy come home.  They look exhausted.
ZOEY: What's going on?
REBECCA: I'm going upstairs to call my fiance' and take a nap.
ZOEY: Oh-kay...


As she leaves, I turn to Amy.
ZOEY: What's going on?
AMY: Shit, it's a hot damn mess...
ZOEY: What happened?
AMY: Everything was fine...we looked at all these places, Rebecca decided on this church up a damn mountain.
ZOEY: I hope you're driving...
AMY: Yeah, or we'll get a limo...although, Rebecca was talking about a horse-drawn carriage before...
ZOEY: If y'all try to get a horse up a mountain, I'm reporting you to PETA.
AMY: Noted...and no, we're not going to do that...


ZOEY: Okay, so what happened?
Amy tells me all about Kyra showing up and that she started drinking from the get-go.  Then she tells me about Josh showing up...holy shit!  Then she tells me about the argument Rebecca and Kyra got into.

ZOEY: Day-um...
AMY: Yup...
ZOEY: What do you think's gonna happen?
AMY: Hell if I know...
ZOEY: Well, shit...
AMY: It's not my problem....
ZOEY: Shit, it's going to be all our problems if we have to move because of a jilted groom. 

***AUTHOR'S NOTE: I DO NOT CONDONE DRINKING AND DRIVING OR DRINKING IN EXCESS...DRINK RESPONSIBLY!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!