Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chapter 46: Pt. 1: Something New and Something Blue

*ZOEY'S POV*


AMY: So Beau got arrested...
ZOEY: How in the hell did he get arrested?
AMY: He threw corn syrup on a congressman.
ZOEY: What the...?
AMY: He wanted it to look like blood...
ZOEY: Well shit...I guess your boyfriend got arrested and mine probably arrested him...
AMY: Haha...wait...what?  Did you just say something about a boyfriend?

Shit.
ZOEY: No.
AMY: You did!  You just mentioned your boyfriend...ooooh...that's so cool!  So are you all official then?
ZOEY: No...I misspoke.  He's not my boyfriend.
AMY: But you want him to be?
ZOEY: I don't know...
AMY: Uh-huh...

I'm busy trying to think of a way to change the subject when Rebecca comes running downstairs at top speed.

REBECCA: You guys, you guys!  Please tell me you're both awake!


ZOEY: Yeah, Bec...we're both here, what is it?
REBECCA: *pant* I'm...*pant*...getting...*pant*...married.*pant, pant*

AMY & ZOEY: What?!


REBECCA: I'M GETTING MARRIED!  I'M ENGAGED!

At this point, Rebecca loses her shit...

*REBECCA'S POV*


REBECCA: OMG!  I have so much to do...I need a dress, I need to find a place to have it, we need to get bridesmaids dresses, I need to lose ten pounds...omg...how am I gong to do all this?

AMY: Whoa...take a breather.  It'll get done...when are you going to get married?
REBECCA: As soon as possible...
ZOEY: Here we go again...


REBECCA: Sis, will you go with me today to get all this done?  I need to find a dress, and I want you to come with me to pick out bridesmaids dresses...you're the most difficult to fit...
AMY: Well, fuck you very much...
REBECCA: Sissy, I don't have time for you to be offended...we need to go, like now.
AMY: I can't until later, we have kids coming in today.
REBECCA: Can't Zoey handle them?
ZOEY: Fuck no, are you crazy?  We're getting a new kid today too...
REBECCA: Oh, well...what am I going to do?  I'm getting married!
AMY: *looks surprised* Oh, you're getting married?
Zoey busts out laughing at me.

REBECCA: Fine, I'll just go elope.
AMY: Bec, come on, I'm joking with you.  Calm down, go make yourself a drink and help me with this new kid so I'm not too exhausted to go with you tonight.
REBECCA: Okay, fine.


I want to take care of the new kid, because he's so cute, he reminds me of Brody when he was a baby.  


...but I end up teaching one of the other kids how to talk...
AMY: It's a good thing, Bec, you can tell him about your wedding...
REBECCA: Yeah, I'll tell him about my wedding that my sisters ruined.
I know I'm probably being a little bratty, but seriously, this is my wedding...I have been planning this since I was a little girl.  I want it to be perfect.


*AMY'S POV*


Once the kids leave, Zoey and I sit down to eat something, even though Rebecca is bouncing around me, anxious to get to the store.

REBECCA: I think you're just doing this to torture me.
ZOEY: We're doing it because you never eat and we know we won't stop.
REBECCA: I can't possibly eat...I have to lose weight before my wedding.

After we eat, we head out to look at dress shops.


REBECCA: Do my thighs look big?
ZOEY: You're kidding...
AMY: No...not even a little bit.
ZOEY: They don't rub together when you walk, it's not natural.
REBECCA: Awww, thanks guys...what do you think of these shoes?
AMY: They're gorgeous...
REBECCA: Really?
AMY: Yeah, of course.  Your dress will probably cover them anyway.
REBECCA: Maybe...

She looks like she's thinking about something, but suddenly, she runs off.
I laugh as I chase after her because that's a perfect example of how life has been with my little sister.  Ever since we were little she was running around from one thing to another and I was chasing after her.  Despite our fights, I have been obsessed with her since the day she was born.  Even though I'm five years older, I always wanted Rebecca with me.

By the time I get to her, she is trying on a dress.


AMY: Oh, Bec...
REBECCA: Oh Lord, Sis, don't start crying, you'll make me cry.
AMY: I can't help it...
ZOEY: Awwww....
REBECCA: No!  I can't get tears on this dress!  What do you all think?
AMY & ZOEY: Perfect.
REBECCA: Great...now on to bridesmaids dresses.


Bec wants something short and slightly form-fitting, but my hips won't allow it, so we go with this one.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Rebecca's excited expressions, that totally made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, she looks like a crazed mad-woman, doesn't she? Those looks cracked me up!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!