Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chapter 42 Part 2: That Would Have Been Much Better With Fireworks


*KELSEY'S POV*

            

KELSEY: Hey sis, can I talk to you?
AMY: Sure...what's up?


KELSEY: I don't really know how to say this...
AMY: Did you wreck my car?
KELSEY: No...
AMY: Are you pregnant?
KELSEY: No...
AMY: Then we got no problems...what is it?


KELSEY: See, somehow I don't think you'll see it that way...
AMY: For crap's sake, just tell me Kels..
KELSEY: Edmund and I are moving...we found a house...


Amy is silent for awhile.  

KELSEY: See?  I told you.
AMY: *sigh* Well, how can I be mad?  You're an adult, you're married...of course y'all want your own place.
KELSEY: You're not mad?
AMY: Not really...I want to be...because I'm going to miss you...my knee jerk reaction is to tell you to stay, but I can't do that.  
KELSEY: Why not?  Mom does it all the time.
AMY: Compare me to Mom one more time and we will have problems...have you told Bec or Zoey?
KELSEY: I figured you and Zoey would be the easiest to tell...and maybe you can help me tell Bec...
AMY: Pussy.
KELSEY: I know...but...
AMY: I know, it's Bec.  Okay pansy-ass..I'll help you.

*REBECCA'S POV*


Something is definitely up.  Amy fixed dinner and asked that we all show up...and she and Kelsey have been so secretive lately.  They have to know they can't keep a secret from me for long...keeping a secret from me is like trying to keep my son from popsicles.


ZOEY: So, what's going on?
KELSEY: Um...well...
REBECCA: Wait...where's Edmund?  Oh no, are you all getting a divorce?
KELSEY: What?! No!  Why would you think that?
REBECCA: Well, it's obvious something is going on...
KELSEY: *deep breath* Okay, I'm just going to tell you...


Kelsey looks over to Zoey and I can barely hear her when she speaks.

KELSEY: Edmund and I...found a house...and we're going to be moving out.

I can't help it.  I gasp.


Kelsey looks over to me and this anger wells up inside me.

REBECCA: Why are you all moving?  We have plenty of room here.
KELSEY: Yeah, plenty of room now, but what about when Zoey and Amy have babies...or if you have another one...or if you find a man and move him in here?
REBECCA: None of that is happening right now.
KELSEY: You moved out into Richard's house when Brody was a baby.
REBECCA: That was different.  I thought things were going to work out with him...and you saw how great that worked out.
KELSEY: Well, how would you have felt if we told you no, you're not moving out, Richard should move in here?
REBECCA: You all hated him!  Does anyone here wish that Richard had lived with us?
AMY: No.
ZOEY: Uh, that's a HELL no for me.
REBECCA: There ya' go...what about Brody?
KELSEY: What about Brody?
REBECCA: He's going to be crushed that his favorite Aunt Kaka isn't living with him anymore.
KELSEY: He'll be fine, Bec.
REBECCA: He needs you....
KELSEY: I'm not his mother.
REBECCA: What about me?  I need you...we have lived under the same roof almost our entire lives...me and you...Amy went off to college...we have always been together.


AMY: Wait a second...so I don't get to miss her?
REBECCA: Well, you seem completely fine with it...
AMY: *hot-headed nature comes out* Because I knew what a freakin' wack job you would be!
REBECCA: I'm sorry, but she's my little sister that I've always been closer to than you...
AMY: Whoa, what?!
REBECCA: We're closer in age...
AMY: That's awfully funny because she came to me with this first.
ZOEY: *under breath* yeah, because that helps this whole conversation...
KELSEY: Guys, please...you're making this harder than it should be...
REBECCA: Whatever, Kelsey.  If you want to leave me and Brody that bad, that's fine...you go ahead.
AMY: Here we go with the guilt trip.  You got Mom whispering in your ear?
REBECCA: At least I have Mom!

And that I believe is what they call a breaking point.
I regret it as soon as I say it.

Amy doesn't even glare at me.  I almost wish she would...I wish she would say something, but she has shut down.  The look she is giving me is so cold.

She starts storming out the door.

REBECCA: Amy, wait...
AMY: No, no, that's fine...
REBECCA: I'm sor-
AMY: Save it...honestly, I'm done...
REBECCA: What?
AMY: You heard me, I'm done with you.  I honestly don't care if I ever see your face again.

She walks out the door, slamming it, and I burst into tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!