Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chapter 39 Part 3: I Should Have Known Better


*ZOEY'S POV*


ZOEY: Hey...I should have known I would find you here.
ROBBIE: What?  In a bar?  Yeah, you know me...just a drunken mess.
ZOEY: I didn't mean it like that...
ROBBIE: I wouldn't have been surprised.


He turns around and sees me...

ROBBIE: God...you look...amazing...
ZOEY: You do too.
ROBBIE: Don't bullshit me.
ZOEY: I'm not...damn, do you have to be so pessimistic?
ROBBIE: That was one thing we have always had in common...
ZOEY: You always look at yourself too harshly...


Looking at him...damn, he looks good.  I wasn't really prepared for this...and to still feel this way...
As you all already know, Robbie is Amy's younger brother...and he and I had a fling before I moved here.  It didn't really end well.


ROBBIE: How am I supposed to look at myself?  I apparently suck...I wasn't good enough for you...I'm not good enough for anyone...
ZOEY: Could you calm down?  People are staring...
ROBBIE: Yeah...fine...whatever...you know me...I can never do anything right.
ZOEY: Look, I came here to clear the air between us, but maybe that's not possible.
ROBBIE: Yeah...maybe not.  Look, I'm just here to see Kelsey get married, I won't bother you.
ZOEY: Fine.

I turn and walk out.  I hate it when he does that...makes me feel bad for his own self-esteem issues.  I swear...Robbie is the sweetest guy, he's tons of fun, he's hilarious, but he's a mess.  He can never hold down a job, he is melodramatic as hell, and every time he loses a job, he falls deep down into a drunken stupor before picking himself up once again and getting a new job.  As much as I care about him, I can't be with him.  I need someone a little more stable.  Unfortunately, I can't just tell him that...so it came out more like "We're in different places".


That night, Rebecca has a gig that gets her to her goal...she has made it to the top of her career!  She's the last one of us...we have officially accomplished all of our goals...Wow...


I happen to see Terry there - the guy I talked to at Kelsey's party.  Of course, I only see him for a second before I see Robbie walk in and stand behind me.

Between sets he leans up to me.

ROBBIE: Hey, can we talk?  Somewhere quiet?
ZOEY: Uh...yeah...sure...


At the end of the night, everyone decides to go out, so Robbie and I head back to the house.


ROBBIE: I'm sorry I blew up at you earlier...
ZOEY: *sigh* It's fine...I really am sorry about the way things went the last time we saw each other.
ROBBIE: I know...and I know we're not right for each other...
ZOEY: Yeah...
ROBBIE: So...maybe...
ZOEY: Yeah...?

He keeps getting closer to me and I lose my train of thought.  How does he do that?  


Of course, before I realize what is happening, his arms are around me...mine are around his...and we are kissing...passionately...oh shit...I really really missed this.

Kissing lead to heavy petting, which lead to going upstairs...which lead to making out on the bed...which eventually..well, you know how it goes...


Although, the next morning, it's settled.

ROBBIE: Yeah, maybe it's better that we're just friends.
ZOEY: I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!