Monday, June 4, 2012

Chapter 41 Part 1: There Were Seven in the Bed and the Little One Said...

*EDMUND'S POV*


Kelsey and I wake up the day after our wedding to...a crap-ton of people...it's the same crap-ton of people that have always been there, but for some reason, it seems crowded...especially when I want nothing more than to make love to my wife in every room of our house...


...but I can't do that...not so much because it's inappropriate - well, there's that - but also because if her sisters or brother caught us, they would be relentless in their teasing...and they would probably watch and comment...*shudder* I can just imagine...

*ZOEY'S POV*


ZOEY: Hey Jake...aren't you graduating soon?
JAKE: Yeah...it's in a couple days...pretty cool...
ZOEY: Are you going to college?
JAKE: Um...I don't know if I'm cut out for college...


I raise my eyebrows but say nothing.  When I graduated high school my going to college wasn't even a possibility.  I was going, that was it.  If it wasn't my mom saying so, I have a lot of extended family that said the same.  I can't imagine what they would have done if I had said I wasn't cut out for it.


KELSEY: College requires you to read and Jake doesn't know how...
JAKE: Shut up Kelsey!

KELSEY: Oooh, did I hit a nerve on that one?
JAKE: No...*steaming up*

AMY: Damn y'all, corners!  Jake is wicked smart....
REBECCA: Yeah, you have to be to get through high school with a 4.0 and never do a stitch of homework.

ZOEY: What?!
REBECCA: Yeah, he didn't tell you?  The little juvenile delinquent didn't even crack a book...he just went in, took the tests, and made A's.

ZOEY: Well, ain't that some shit...so what are you planning on doing after graduation?
JAKE: Robbie told me I could move in with him...
KELSEY: Are you kidding?  You're going to move in with Robbie?!  Why?  So you both can play Xbox all day and accomplish nothing?

REBECCA: Really Jake...how can you be so smart and so stupid?
JAKE: Damn!  Can you all hear yourselves?  Bec, you only went to college for like, six months, so shut up...Kelsey you know how to use a gun, so I'm not going to say anything...but you had issues with school too...

ZOEY: Whoa!  Ga-damn!  I didn't mean to start World War III...Jake, what are you planning on doing at Robbie's?
JAKE: I'm going to work on being a musician...and Robbie just got a job with the local studio...so things are looking up for him...




Not soon enough, everyone gets up and we clear the table.  Amy pulls Jake to the side to talk to him.
I swear, we have too many loud mouths in this house...

*AMY'S POV*


AMY: Hey, I have an idea...
JAKE: Yeah?
AMY: How would you like a driving lesson?

JAKE: In your car?
AMY: Shit no...Kelsey drives her cruiser around all the time, so she doesn't drive hers anymore...let's take it.
JAKE: Sweet!  Wait, won't she kick our asses?
AMY: What she doesn't know won't hurt her...we'll just have to remember to Armor-all it before we get out.



JAKE: Thanks for getting me out of there, Sis.
AMY: No problem...whoa...don't hit that cat!

JAKE: I'm not...shit, I've been driving since I was eight...
AMY: Yeah, on Xbox...hey, does Robbie know you're going to be moving in with him?
JAKE: Yeah, we talked about it...
AMY: And when you move there you all aren't just going to spend all your time plastered...you're really going to work, right?
JAKE: Yeah...
AMY: You know the music career is awesome, but it's a lot of hard work.
JAKE: I know...geez...

AMY: I just want to make sure...
JAKE: I got it!

AMY: Okay...shit!
JAKE: It wasn't a cat...it was a squirrel. 

AMY: You worry me...

I shudder to think of what Jake and Robbie living together is going to lead to.

*REBECCA'S POV*


The night of Jake's birthday, I have a show, so we head out there first.  It's pretty awesome having a big group of people that I know will come to my shows all the time.


Robbie even makes it out for this one...I'm floating on cloud nine by the end of the night...



Which is good because when we get home, I realize that Edmund - who was supposed to get Jake's birthday cake - hadn't done it.

REBECCA: How can you expect to be a part of this family if you can't even follow simple instructions?
EDMUND: Last I checked, I married Kelsey, not all of you...as long as I'm keeping her happy, I'm good.
REBECCA: Welllll, that's lovely, but I hate to tell you this sweetie, you marry one of us, you get the rest of us too.

KELSEY: Guys...can you please stop?
REBECCA: Yeah, whatever...I just have to go get a damn cake.



*JAKE'S POV*



When Bec gets back, it's finally time for my birthday celebration...adulthood, here I come!


As much as I really do love these girls, they get on my freakin' nerves.  I'm going to be glad to be out of the house and over at Robbie's.  It's going to be sweet living over there.  Alcohol, Xbox, parties...I can't wait.


We sit around and eat cake late into the night...and talk about graduation.  It's going down in a couple days. Man, I can't wait to get out of here.

*KELSEY'S POV*


After everyone goes to bed, I have to smooth things over with my husband.
KELSEY: Baby, I'm sorry about Bec...
EDMUND: It's fine, really.  Don't apologize for your family...
KELSEY: I don't want you to hate them...
EDMUND: I don't, I swear...it's just...difficult right now.  We're newlyweds.  I want to be doing newlywed things with you.

KELSEY: You mean like what we do every night in bed?


EDMUND: More of that, definitely more of that.
KELSEY: *laughs* That can be arranged...
EDMUND: Hey babe, do you ever think about...
KELSEY: What?
EDMUND: No, never mind...
KELSEY: No, tell me...what is it?
EDMUND: Do you ever think about getting our own place?

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!