Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chapter 41 Part 2: Roll Over, Roll Over



*REBECCA'S POV*


Allow me for a minute, to gush about my boyfriend.  I'm not bragging, but everyone always tells me how hot he is.  When I was with Josh, everyone was kind of like, "Bec, you can do so much better" but with this guy, they're all jealous of me...and let's face it, even though it's enough for me to be completely in love with this guy, the fact that other girls want him and he's with me...well, that's icing on the cake.


When I'm on stage, I sing right to him...and he is in complete awe of my talent...Josh was too stuck on his own talent to be concerned with mine all that much.


LUKAS: You were amazing baby.
REBECCA: Aww, thank you.
LUKAS: You know what I was thinking watching you sing up there?
REBECCA: What?
LUKAS: How much I love you.
REBECCA: *inner girly squeal* I love you too, babe.  What do you say we head back to your place?
LUKAS: I actually can't tonight.  I have to head back to the hospital for the night shift.
REBECCA: Oh *sad face,* can't you call in?
LUKAS: What kind of doctor would I be if I didn't take care of my patients?
I sigh.  He has to play on my conscious.  We say our goodbyes and he heads out.  Slightly worried that he might be just saying he has to work and actually be going to another girl's house, I discreetly follow him.  He heads home and changes into his scrubs...okay, then he goes to the hospital.  I see him park and walk in.

Well, he passed the first test.  For the second one, I pick up my cell phone and dial the hospital number.
OPERATOR: Harmony Memorial.  How may I direct your call?
REBECCA: Can I be directed to emergency?
OPERATOR: Please hold.
***holding***
ER OPERATOR: Harmony Memorial, Emergency.
REBECCA: May I speak to Dr. Norwood?
ER OPERATOR: He's not in...can I take a message?
REBECCA: Oh...um...is he scheduled to work tonight?  I might need to come in, but I only want to see Dr. Norwood.
ER OPERATOR: Let me check...yes, he is on the schedule.
REBECCA: Thank you.

Once I get off the phone with her, I call back and talk to two different operators.  Okay, he's for sure at work.  I know this sounds obsessive, but no one is going to cheat on me and get away with it.  Oh hell no.

Well, since I was planning on working off a lot of energy tonight, I have a lot stored up, so I decide to head to the gym.


I head in the door and see...Josh?!  Crap, what is he doing here?


REBECCA: Josh?
JOSH: Bec!  Hey!
REBECCA: I'm good...how are you?
JOSH: Can't complain...how about you?
REBECCA: Oh, things are really good...

I decide to make an major effort to let him know how awesome my life is right now.


REBECCA: Yeah, it's pretty awesome...I just made it to the top of the singing career, so...that's awesome...
JOSH: I always knew you would.
REBECCA: ...and I just started dating this great guy...his name is Lukas...he adores me, and I adore him.
JOSH: Wow...
REBECCA: Yeah, it's pretty perfect.


JOSH: I'm glad. You deserve someone to treat you like gold.  I'm glad you have that now.

I can't be sure, but I think I see pain in his eyes.  Good.  He deserves it.

After seeing Josh, I really don't feel like working out, so I hit the clubs...where I find Zoey and Amy, drunk off their asses, dancing too...we end up staying out all night...


*JAKE'S POV*


Well, today is graduation day and some of my sisters, Amy, Rebecca, and Zoey, to be exact, are still drunk from last night and going on maybe an hour of sleep...and they lecture me about that shit?


The graduation goes great though...and I was voted Most Likely to Be a Rockstar...true story!  

*BRODY'S POV*


After Uncle Bubby graduates and moves out, Aunt Kaka and Uncle Edmund take me to the pool.

BRODY: Why isn't Mumma coming...and Aunt Z and Aunt Amy?
KELSEY: They're not feeling very well...they ate the fish at that graduation reception...
BRODY: Ewwww!
EDMUND: So it's just us buddy.

I don't really mind.  Don't tell anyone, but my Aunt Kaka is my favorite.  She always takes me places like the pool or the park...and she is always tons of fun.

BRODY: Hey Kaka?
KELSEY: Yeah dude?
BRODY: Bet I can hold my breath under water longer than you can!
KELSEY: Oh you are so on!  Edmund, you count.

We have a blast swimming, and when we head home, Kaka has another surprise.

KELSEY: Hey Brod...why don't you invite a couple friends over tonight, set up sleeping bags in the basement and have a sleepover?  We'll order pizza and play Xbox and Wii and not care whether your mom wants you to or not.  Sound good?

Yeah, my Aunt Kaka is the best.


So I invite a couple kids from school...and we eat pizza, make smores, eat ice cream, play games...it's all awesome.


Then we all pass out.

Best. Day. Ever!



*KELSEY'S POV*


Eddie and I sit up with the kids all night, partially because my sisters got back from Jake's graduation and passed out....because their stupid drunk asses stayed out all night.  

I also really like hanging out with my nephew.  He's the smartest kid ever...he's at the top of his class, and he constantly cracks me up.  He might be more of a smart-ass than me....maybe.


I have been thinking more about what Eddie said about us getting our own place.  Sometimes I can't imagine it, but sometimes...
As I fill out Thank You cards from the wedding, I think about what life will be like for us if we stay here.  We're not going to be able to have kids, there's not enough room...not that I want kids, I'm just saying.
Of course, I think it will kill them to see me leave...and it will kill me too...not getting to see them...to see Brody every day?  I don't know if I'm ready for that...

*Sigh*  I just don't know...


*ZOEY'S POV*



Rebecca, Amy and I did a great job screwing up our sleep schedule.  We all get up at midnight.
REBECCA: Who's up for a cocktail?
ZOEY: I'm in, how about you Amy?
AMY: I think so too...in celebration.
REBECCA: What are we celebrating?  Getting Jake out of the house?
ZOEY: Haha!  Yes...but no...the fertility doctors called us back.  
REBECCA: And?
AMY: We're both good to go!
REBECCA: Whew!  I'm glad, I would have done it, but I really didn't want to get stretch marks again carrying your babies.
ZOEY: Aww, you would have done that for us?
REBECCA: mi uterus es su uterus.
AMY: So you'd still do it even if I just don't want to squeeze the little puppies out?
REBECCA: Not hardly!  If you can do it yourself, it's all you, Sis.


AMY: Thought I would try.
REBECCA: You all need to try these drinks I just made...they're awwwsome...if I do say so myself.

I have to agree.  Of course, my body is telling me that if I spend another night drinking it might pick up and leave me...Shut up, body!

AMY: I'm thinking about hitting the hot tub tonight...are you all good?
ZOEY: Yeah, I'm going to try to make a drink or two...you gonna come back?
AMY: Set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.


While I start making drinks, Rebecca starts staring off into space.

ZOEY: Aw shit, that far-off look usually means trouble.
REBECCA: I just realized I haven't heard from Lukas all day...do you think he's cheating on me?
ZOEY: Are you crazy?  He is in love with you.  Why would he cheat?
REBECCA: I don't know.  I have this feeling.
ZOEY: It's called paranoia.
REBECCA: No...
ZOEY: Didn't you say he had to work last night?  He was probably sleeping all day.
REBECCA: Still...I think I'm going to go over there.  If he's cheating, I'm going to find out.


ZOEY: Whatever you want to do.  I'll be right here....being awesome at making these drinks!


*REBECCA'S POV*


I sneak up to his house convinced I'm going to catch him.  As I'm looking in the windows, he sees me.

LUKAS: Baby?  What are you doing here?
REBECCA: Um...
LUKAS: I had to work all day too, I was just getting ready to go to bed.


REBECCA: Hmm...can I come with?  We can go to sleep, we just might not sleep that much...
LUKAS: Hmm, I'm down...

So we head to bed and I get a little something before he really does pass out.  I'm glad it's from exhaustion at work and not from banging some other chick.

*AMY'S POV*


Ahhhh, this is what I'm talking about...hot-tubbing with a drink in hand?  The best...ever...it's times like this I wonder if I ever really want children.  If I have children, nights like this are a thing of the past.

ZOEY: Hey!  Are you going to come in here and drink anymore?
AMY: Yeah, I'll be in there...
ZOEY: Good...I made a few more drinks.


I walk inside to see this...a few more drinks?

AMY: Are you trying to give me alcohol poisoning or something?
ZOEY: No...I just got carried away...
AMY: I'll say...

*KELSEY'S POV*


I have been thinking even more about moving out...I think we might be moving to different places...Zoey and Amy want to have kids, Rebecca...well, who the hell knows what Rebecca is going to do...probably move in with Lukas...and Eddie and I really need our own space.

Yeah, I think it's time to think about moving out.  

I just hope my sisters don't kill me.

3 comments:

  1. G'aw... I'm going to miss seeing Kelsey, but at the same time, the girls are all growing and making different decisions, so it's about time somebody did move.
    I can't wait to see if her and Edmund have kids soon. She would bean awesome mom. *nudge nudge*

    Rebecca needs to calm down! Lukas seems like a good guy and I don't really think that he would cheat on her! I suppose that you never know though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I hated to see her go, but I know they have to move on...they have all reached the top of their careers and they have some major bank, but this isn't the last of her, for sure! As for Bec, she really does have trust issues when it comes to that, and I think it's because of personal happenings that I might go into in a later post...but he does seem like a good one, doesn't he? :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. poor bec :( if lukas does something to her or cheats on her i will come kill him :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!