Friday, June 8, 2012

Chapter 42 Part 3: Pardon The Whiplash


*ZOEY'S POV*

After all the shit hit the fan and Amy stormed out, Rebecca started crying and went to her room, Kelsey followed her upstairs to comfort her, and I just kind of sat there.

Amy rarely gets mad, but when she does, it's bad.  She used to be more of a physical fighter from what I understand, but since I've known her, she prefers psychological warfare.  

The two of us have never really fought, and I"m glad because when she gets that mad, she decides to completely cut the person she's arguing with out of her life.  Most of the time she gets over it pretty quickly and they make up, but it happens so rarely that it's easy to forget that.

Either way, I'm not surprised to see her back in the dining room on her computer.


ZOEY: Hey...how ya' doing?
AMY: I'm fine...honestly...I'm sorry I blew up like that...
ZOEY: You don't owe me any apologies...have you talked to Bec?
AMY: She called and called until I answered.  We made up.


ZOEY: Okay...that was fast.
AMY: That's how we do things.
ZOEY: I could comment, but it would be too easy...
AMY: Yeah...sooo...anyway...anything special going on with you?


ZOEY: Um...well...I sort of had a date...
AMY: A date?!  Ooooh, tell me...who's the guy?
ZOEY: Remember Terry from the party?
AMY: Um...Terry....the new cop that works with Kelsey?
ZOEY: Yeah...well, I bumped into him and we went out for dinner.
AMY: Is that all?
ZOEY: It was a lot of fun.  I was surprised.
AMY: Sooo...are you going to see him again?
ZOEY: I doubt it.

*AMY'S POV*


AMY: Why not?
ZOEY: I don't know...he's great...it's just...he's a cop...
AMY: So?  He didn't try to taser you, did he?
ZOEY: Ha!  No...
AMY: So?
ZOEY: Come on, you know how I am about cops.
AMY: Yeah...but maybe he's a cool cop?

Zoey has this weird thing about cops...all law enforcement actually.  I'm not really sure what it is.  She doesn't date cops like I don't date conservatives.

ZOEY: He was really cool, but I don't know...there has to be something wrong with him.
AMY: Hmm, maybe.
ZOEY: Do you think I should go back out with him?
AMY: Why not?
ZOEY: *shrugs* Oh well, he probably won't ask me out again...and who knows what he'll do when he finds out I want to have a baby soon.


AMY: Maybe you won't have to go through the sperm donor thing...maybe he'll be your baby daddy...
ZOEY: You know how I feel about that too...I don't want to have to share my kid with anyone...maybe if I had found a husband before now, things would be different, but they're not.
AMY: Yeah that's true....I've pretty much given up on the husband search...
ZOEY: Yeah...who needs them anyway?
AMY: I have no idea...you know what I couldn't deal with?  I couldn't handle having to share everything...and him always being here.  I'd be like, "Dude, go away...give me some space."
ZOEY: But then you'd want him back when you want him...
AMY: Right...my ideal man would stay in the closet until I needed him...
ZOEY: I think they have a name for that...and it's not "man" and I think it requires batteries.
AMY: Hmm...ok, so sperm donors it is...when are we going to do this?


ZOEY: I don't know...I'm kind of waiting to make sure there's nothing else I want to do with my life...
AMY: Yeah...my mother is all "You need a man!" when I brought it up with her.
ZOEY: ...because that route works out so well.
AMY: Right?  I don't need a man.  The two of us can raise kids and live in a house together...we can do it.
ZOEY: I agree.
AMY: Wanna know what's weird though?
ZOEY: What?
AMY: I am kind of waiting a little longer to make sure I don't meet someone...it's like I'm not quite ready to give up on that dream.
ZOEY: Yeah...*sigh*

*KELSEY'S POV*


I have been laying low since I told everyone I am moving.  It's been a couple days and Bec and Amy are talking again, and we've been working hard trying to get the bank to accept an offer on the brownstone.


Finally, Edmund comes home with the news that the bank finally accepted our offer!  We are officially moving!

Goodbyes were tough...


Everyone meets down in the family room to say goodbye.
AMY: I'm going to miss your ass, skank.
KELSEY: Right back at you, whore.


We laugh instead of cry, then hug.
AMY: Damn, you're starting to hug like Mom does.
KELSEY: I love you, Sissy.
AMY: I love you too, baby.  We don't live far from each other though.  Edmund, I hope you like company.
EDMUND: I'm used to it.


Zoey is next.
KELSEY: Bet you're not going to miss me, huh?
ZOEY: What missing?  You're not going away forever.
KELSEY: Yeah...
ZOEY: We'll see each other soon.


KELSEY: Love you, honorary Sis!
ZOEY: I love you too, Kels.


REBECCA: I just tried to lay in front of the moving van and they threatened to call the cops...so...
KELSEY: You are crazy.
REBECCA: *starts crying* I don't know what I'm going to do without you here.
KELSEY: Bec, come on, don't cry.  I literally live maybe a mile away.


REBECCA: I know...but it's not going to be the same.
KELSEY: You know you're going to be coming and staying with me sometimes.

That got a cough from Eddie, but I ignore it.


REBECCA: You better answer your phone when I call you.
KELSEY: Right back at you.


The person I am going to have the hardest time saying goodbye to is going to be Brody.  I have told him that I'm leaving, but I don't think it's going to set in until I'm not here all the time.  And I'm not ashamed to say that I'm probably going to miss him more than I miss anyone else.


KELSEY: Hey Brode, whatcha' doing?
BRODY: Nothin' Kaka...whatchu doin?
KELSEY: Remember Kaka telling you a couple days ago that Uncle Eddie and I are going to be moving out?
BRODY: Yeah...
KELSEY: Well, we're leaving now...
BRODY: Can I come visit you?
KELSEY: Sure buddy...you can come stay with me.  I'm going to decorate one of the rooms just for you.
BRODY: Okay.  I'm going to miss you, Kaka.


I've been doing okay up to this point, but I lose it hearing those words from him.
I hug him so he doesn't see.

KELSEY: I'm going to miss you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!