Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chapter 39 Part 2: There's Always an Excuse to Party


*REBECCA'S POV*


REBECCA: Damn it, Jake!  I'm about to ship you back to Mom..what the hell did you do with my guitar pick?  It was right in my guitar case...


JAKE: I don't have your stupid guitar pick...I have my own.
ZOEY: Damn, do y'all have to be yelling at each other this early in the morning?
KELSEY: I think the answer to that question is 'yes'.
ZOEY: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought.

Jake storms off and I kind of want to drink.  He's so freakin' annoying.  I start to head out too, but Kelsey stops me.


KELSEY: Hey, I have something to tell you...it's about Edmund...
REBECCA: Oh shit, you're not pregnant are you?  I don't think we can handle another person in this house...
KELSEY: No...
REBECCA: Are you mad at him?  What did he do?  I'll kick his ass...
KELSEY: Whoa-k...chill out for a second and listen to me, huh?
REBECCA: Yeah, okay.
KELSEY: He proposed...


REBECCA: What?!  Holy shit...what did you tell him?  Did you break his heart?  I know you're weird about marriage...
KELSEY: Um...I told him yes.
REBECCA: What?  Holy crap...my little sister is getting married before me?
KELSEY: Don't dwell on it...I just...really love him...I want all of you to be bridesmaids...
REBECCA: Did you tell Mom?
KELSEY: Do I have to?
REBECCA *head flick* Yes...do you know how pissed she would be if you didn't tell her about your wedding?
KELSEY: Ugh...maybe I should just elope...
REBECCA: *2nd head flick* Don't even think about it...I've been dying to plan a wedding...granted, I thought it would be mine, but...whatever...
KELSEY: Are you sure?
REBECCA: Yeah, of course.  


After working on some planning, I head to Lukas's house for a visit.

LUKAS: Hey baby!  I didn't expect you here...I was just coming home for a lunch break.
REBECCA: Yeah, I just missed you...guess what?
LUKAS: What?
REBECCA: My baby sister is getting married.
LUKAS: The same one that said marriage is the last legal form of slavery?
REBECCA: That's the one...I know...I'm just as surprised as you are...
LUKAS: Wow...well, um...when's it all going to happen?
REBECCA: As soon as possible...Keagan's aren't known for their patience...
LUKAS: Well, I'm kind of in a hurry, so come in and talk to me...


I make him lunch with what little his "man-fridge" has in it...and soon it's time to leave.

LUKAS: What's the matter babe?
REBECCA: Nothing...I guess I'm just a little weirded out about Kelsey.  I always thought I would get married first...probably even before Amy, honestly.
LUKAS: Well, you might still beat her...
REBECCA: Ha, way to think positive babe!
LUKAS: Hehe, it's what I do.


LUKAS: Seriously though?  Don't worry about it.  You're the most beautiful woman I have ever met.  Her getting married before you isn't going to change that.

HEART: *melt*

He's so sweet!


*KELSEY'S POV*


KELSEY: Shouldn't we pick out my dress first?
REBECCA: We will, but you're not with me...I'm already here...and you said you wanted yellow bridesmaids dresses...
KELSEY: Have you figured out where the wedding will be?
REBECCA: Yes...I talked to them...don't worry...I swear, you worry too much.
KELSEY: I'll feel better once we have the location and bartender booked...and I have a dress...
REBECCA: You forgot the most important thing...
KELSEY: Oh shit!  The bachelorette party!
REBECCA: I was going to say the invitations, but yeah, that too...

*AMY'S POV*

ZOEY: Hey friend...can you help me with something?
AMY: Sure...anything...what's up?
ZOEY: Do you think you can help me with my makeup?
AMY: Sure...what brought this on?
ZOEY: Oh, you know...the wedding.
AMY: Ok...you know it's not for another few days, right?
ZOEY: Yeah, I just want to...
AMY: Practice?
ZOEY: Yeah...


By the time we're done, she looks stunning.
ZOEY: Wow...that wasn't so bad...
AMY: Right?  See what I mean?
ZOEY: Yeah, you only poked me in the eye three times...
AMY: Yeah...sorry about that...
ZOEY: No big...

~ BACHELORETTE PARTY!!! ~


For the bachelorette party, we hit the Pool Club...they have just put in a karaoke bar, so Rebecca and I sing "Fireflies" by Faith Hill for Kelsey.


Kelsey of course gets wasted...and dances her ass off.


Of course, by the end of the night, we're all exhausted...and way too drunk.  Zoey had one too many vodka shots and is having trouble seeing, Rebecca's hair extensions flew off while she was trying to break dance, and I started calling everyone I know because they didn't take my phone from me.

*REBECCA'S POV*


The next day, I get an offer to get paid to make an appearance at the Gamer's Lounge in the city.  It's usually not my scene, but it's like $1000.00...I can make it my scene for that.  

Of course, when I get there, I see an unexpected face.

REBECCA: Robbie?


ROBBIE: Hey sis!  What's up?
REBECCA: What are you doing here?
ROBBIE: Are you kidding?  My baby sister is getting married and you're asking me what I'm doing here?
REBECCA: Um...yeah...
ROBBIE: I came in with Poppy...
REBECCA: Aww, Poppy's here?  Kelsey will be so excited!
ROBBIE: ...and Dad...
REBECCA: Oh shit...Dad's going to be here?
ROBBIE: Yeah...once again, Kelsey...getting married...wouldn't miss it for the world...what part of this aren't you getting?
REBECCA: Mom's coming...
ROBBIE: Well they're going to have to get over their shit...it's Kelsey's day.  I know she won't appreciate any drama...
REBECCA: Well, let's just keep them on separate sides of the room.
ROBBIE: Ha!  Yeah, that'll work...


REBECCA: So what are you doing here?  Last I heard you were trying acting in Bridgeport...
ROBBIE: Uh...yeah, that hasn't worked out so well...I'm actually thinking about moving here...
REBECCA: Hold on a second there...there's no more room in our house.
ROBBIE: Aww, thanks, Sis...I can feel the love...but I wasn't going to ask.  I found a nice little rental...
REBECCA: Make sure it has a house on it...
ROBBIE: Huh?
REBECCA: Never mind...


In case you haven't already figured it out, Robbie is our brother.  He's older than me and younger than Amy.
He's a real sweetie, but he can ever seem to keep his life in order.


When I get home, I grab some soup and run into Zoey. 

REBECCA: You will never believe who I saw tonight...you're going to shit...
ZOEY: Who?
REBECCA: Robbie!
ZOEY: Rob-...wait, as in your brother Robbie?
REBECCA: That very one.  He's here for Kelsey's wedding along with Dad and Poppy.
ZOEY: Oh shit...
REBECCA: Yeah, that's what I said...

*ZOEY'S POV*


I barely slept at all last night.  I can't stop thinking about Robbie.  Why is he here?  Especially with...ugh...guess I'm going to have to do some damage control before I ruin Kelsey's wedding.

2 comments:

  1. lol didnt have to wait! wonder whats up with zoey and robbie? love it as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you found out now! LOL Glad you're enjoying the entries!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!