Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chapter 13: She Works Hard for the Money

*AMY'S POV*


I'm starting to wonder if maybe Asker's nose might be broken...I send her out hunting and the only thing she ever brings back is a bag of potato chips...and it's empty...so either she doesn't have a good sense of smell, or she's finding potato chips and eating them all before she gets home...either way, it's not cool.


So when Kelsey goes to work and Zoey writes, I start working on my fishing skill.  I've never been much of an outdoor girl, so I'm probably going to suck at this.


Hmm, turns out I'm not too bad...


...but it's still gross...yeah, I'm not really into the whole slimy, scaly fish thing...but it's for Bec.

*ZOEY'S POV*


Even though things are getting better and we're all working, I'm still not above taking grunt jobs...like fixing the plumbing at the bistro...I guess fixing our crappy showers over and over again paid off in some weird way...


I get home and Rebecca and Amy are sitting down to dinner.
Zoey: What's this?
Amy: Stir fry.
Zoey: For real?  You're shitting me...
Amy: I shit you not...


I grab a plate and cannot believe my eyes.  Stir fry is my favorite...I take my time, inhaling the delicious aromas before digging in.
Kelsey: I know it's been awhile since you've had a good meal, but you're not supposed to inhale it...
Zoey: Shut up...you're interrupting my zen...


Looks like stir fry, smells like stir fry...Sweet!

Rebecca: Oh hey guys, I forgot to mention, I'm inviting a guy over tonight.
Amy, Zoey, & Kelsey: Huh?

*REBECCA'S POV*


I know everyone is surprised at my revelation...especially since I'm not usually the type that stays tight-lipped about my relationships...especially ones that I think are getting serious...
The truth is, I think I'm in love.
His name is Simon Steele and I met him at work.  He is so sweet.  He's always flirty with me and cooks me dinner, and he's the life of the party like me.  We have been having so much fun together, so I invite him over...now that our house actually looks like a house...


Oh, did I mention he's a great kisser?  *Swoon*
I wonder how he will propose to me...

Hmm...
Mrs. Rebecca Steele...has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?


Simon: It means so much that you invited me over to your house.
Rebecca: Wait 'til you meet everyone.
Simon: How about we just hang out the two of us tonight?  I want you all to myself.  I'll meet everyone tomorrow.
Rebecca: *giggle...he's so sweet* awfully presumptuous of you, isn't it?
Simon: I guess that's up to you...


Rebecca: What do you think?


I invite Simon up to my room.  He looks around and I know he's probably thinking our house is so weird.  I don't blame him.  Since we've been working so hard on actually building the house, we haven't decorated.  Every wall in this house is made up of splinter-filled plywood...only because it was free.


So Simon spends the night.  He is so hot.  I'm so excited.  He really seems to like me.  :)

*AMY'S POV*


Asker wakes me up...again...
Amy: Dog, you're really starting to ruin my buzz.
Asker: Bark!
Amy: Yeah, I can tell you're concerned.

*ZOEY'S POV*


Since I told Amy I would work on my gardening ability to cure Rebecca of her transparency, I decided to start a garden.  I figure I can at least grow some easy produce and sell them...or eat them...with this crowd, it's really a toss-up. 


Considering torn, faded jeans are in right now, this whole gardening thing is making me keep up with the trends...

*REBECCA'S POV*


Even if I haven't been able to get on stage yet, I have met a lot of really awesome people...people who invited me to a party.


When I get there, I meet Sadie Thornton...she is an up and coming actress.  I can't believe I get to meet a celebrity!  Eeek!


We hang out and they listen to me play guitar.  Everyone is really impressed.  Not to mention, I get three celebrity points out of the whole thing.  

*KELSEY'S POV*


Since we've been bringing in some more money, we can trade in our P.O.S. (Piece of Shit) TV for a Hi-Def flat screen.

Just as I'm about to sit down and start watching, I hear Bashful...


She's in labor!


After a long while, Bashful gives birth...


To one boy named Tugger...


...and another boy named French Fry.

Our house just got a LOT more crowded.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!