Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chapter 5: I'm on a Never-ending Quest to Save My Sister!

*AMY'S POV*


After staying up all night hacking, I head home to sleep only to be woken up abruptly by Rebecca...playing her guitar.


So I go inside and try to lay on the couch...you can see how well that works out for me.


Why?!  Why can't I get any sleep anywhere?

**********

*ZOEY'S POV*

Because Amy obviously needs some sleep...and maybe a Xanax...I head to the kitchen...and I smell something before I see it.


Zoey: Who put the broken dishwasher in here?
Rebecca: I did...I found it at the junkyard...isn't it cool?
Zoey: Yeah, it would be cool if it worked...it looks burnt...how the hell could anyone burn a dishwasher?
Rebecca: I don't know...but I figured it would be cheaper to replace it than to go out and buy a new one.


Since we have enough money to replace it, we go ahead and do it, even though apparently it's the same price as a new one....but that doesn't get rid of the nasty old one in our kitchen...

Of course, when Grumpy...aka Amy wakes up, she bitches about it being too loud...


So she upgrades it to run silently.  Lord, nothing gets that girl motivated like getting everything around her to shut up.

**********

*KELSEY'S POV*


I only have one more point to go before I can start working at the police station, so I ignore everyone and go directly to the junkyard. 

Playing chess is much more fun than reading those boring ass logic books...


Finally I get the point and I head to the police station get a job.


When I get home, Amy is sleeping damn near right in front of the door.

Kelsey: Um...are you...?
Amy: Wake me up and die.

Oh-kay.

**********

*AMY'S POV*

*Slightly Earlier*

Even though I'm completely exhausted, I have a visitor coming that I have to meet with.


Remember that guy in the coffee shop?  He put me in touch with his friend, Nakia Nolan.  She is a parapsychologist that has studied pretty much all things out of the ordinary, specifically ghosts.


Amy: Thank you for meeting with me...I have been looking for anything to help...
Nakia: Of course, understandably so.  It's my pleasure.  Jessie tells me you have some questions?


Amy: Yeah...it's really about my sister...she's a ghost...and I was reading about a recipe that a ghost can eat to become human...
Nakia: Has your sister been reanimated?
Amy: Yes...I got a weird phone call right after she...um...it happened that instructed me to take her to the science lab.
Nakia: Good, I am familiar with the recipe you are talking about.
Amy: You are!?  That's great.  Do you know where can I get it?

Nakia: It's not as simple as that.
The dish you are referring to is called Ambrosia.  It is said to be the dish eaten by Greek gods, thought to bestow the gift of immortality on whomever consumes it.
Amy: What does that have to do with ghosts?
Nakia: Well, the Greek mythology turned out to be inaccurate upon testing the recipe.  It does cause changes in both humans and ghosts when eaten.  It acts as a recipe of youth for humans, turning back the clock to the beginning of the age group they belong to.  For example, a young adult in the middle of their young adult age group will return to the beginning of the young adult stage.
As for the effect it has on ghosts, when a reanimated ghost eats it, they become human again.
Amy: Seriously?!  That's exactly what I need.  How can I get it?


Nakia: As I mentioned before, it's not as easy as that.  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who knows how to make it at this time.
Amy: Why not?  Isn't it just a matter of following a recipe?
Nakia: There is a recipe book for it, but that is only the first thing needed to prepare the dish...and the person that cooks it has to have mastered the cooking ability.
Amy: I can do that...
Nakia: Also, the recipe has two rare ingredients...a deathfish and life fruit.
Amy: I'm guessing they don't sell those in the grocery store...?
Nakia: No.  The deathfish is mostly found in ponds of graveyards, and even then can only be caught between midnight and 5 am.  The seeds for life fruit are scattered throughout the town, but usually found around graveyards as well.
Amy: So no one is selling them?
Nakia: Even if they did, they would be extremely expensive because obtaining those ingredients requires advanced skills in fishing and gardening.
Amy: How advanced?
Nakia: mastery of the fishing skill and up to the seventh level of the gardening skill.

Crap.

Amy: That is going to take me forever.
Nakia: Do you not have people that can help you?  This is a very large undertaking, and the skills can be obtained by different people.
Amy: They're struggling enough trying to make enough money to live on...I can't ask them to do this.  Is there any way I can gain skills faster?
Nakia: There are various ways that I have heard of...as a human, there are a couple drinks that temporarily increase the rate of skill building, I believe one is Alien Brain that can be found in dance clubs and the other is Bio Booster, which can be found at bars in gyms.  Also, unicorns have the ability to bless humans, enhancing their skill abilities.  However, the boost only lasts a few hours.  There is a way to gain skills quickly by altering your life state.
Amy: How?
Nakia: By becoming a vampire.
Amy: A WHAT?!
Nakia: There are a few drawbacks, like having to stay out of the sun, but other than that, you can gain your skills rapidly, especially at night.
Amy: Would I have to be a vampire permanently?
Nakia: No, of course not...there is a serum available at the science lab that will allow you to become human again...you do need to find a vampire to change you though.
Amy: Where can I find one?
Nakia: Hmm, many vampires have been run out of town, but I can look to see if any remain here...if they do, they are most likely in hiding.  The townspeople here aren't very open-minded about unique individuals...keep that in mind if you choose to go that route.


I give Nakia a big hug.  Even though my head is spinning from all the things I will have to do, at least she gives me some hope.
Amy: Thank you so much for talking to me.
Nakia: You're very welcome, my dear.

**********

*ZOEY'S POV*


It's been a little easier on us since Rebecca and I have been able to work.  I have been writing like a freak lately, but it has been paying off...in small ways.


We buy two counters for the kitchen so we can actually have prepared meals now...I never thought I would say this, but I am so sick of cereal, I want to snap, crackle, and pop every last one of those cartoon characters that hock the stuff.  Hopefully we'll buy a stove next.

I don't cook myself, but Amy seems to be picking it up quickly.


The next thing we buy is a better TV.  I know what you're thinking...we really have our priorities straight, right?

**********

*REBECCA'S POV*



After I get home from work, I spend some time fixing up this chair to match our couch!


Rebecca: So...we've been working so hard lately, that I have the best idea...we should go out and hit a couple clubs tonight.
Kelsey: That sounds awesome.


I talk to Zoey and Amy and they're both down as well...

PARTY!  WOOOT!


First, we hit Whistler's...the little bar I worked in earlier.


Of course, Kelsey hits up the hottest guy there...


We all get our drink on...


But after we have a couple drinks it gets boring so we leave.


We hit this dance club called Wet 'n' Wild...


And we dance the night away.




We leave so late that Zoey pulls her sleeping out and passes out in front of the club.


The next day, we are able to build a new room...not sure what it's gonna be, but I guess we'll figure that out when we get some new furniture.


And at Zoey's suggestion, we build a second bathroom.  Yay!

**********

REFERENCES

These websites were used in writing this entry:

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is getting exciting! I wonder if Amy will follow through with the parapsychologist's advice... with the vampire thing and all.

    Can't wait for more!!!!!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! :) So excited for the next post <3
    - Catherine Bell

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cat: Thanks! This is definitely going somewhere I didn't expect.

    @Catherine: Thank you!

    I'm off to write the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!