Friday, February 10, 2012

Chapter 19: Some Families Put the Dis in Disfunctional...We Put the Dis in Dis Shiz is Effed Up

*ZOEY'S POV*

I keep saying men are more trouble than they're worth...and no one ever believes me, but I think they're starting to understand where I'm coming from with this fool living in the house.


First of all, I ask him if he has a job...he's an "artist"...which basically means he sleeps all day, gets up and eats the food we buy, then throws some bullshit up on a canvas and calls it art...maybe he sells something every now and then for about $13...but does he put the money in the family funds like everyone else?  No, he pockets it...or spends it on something stupid...like "incense".  Yeah, incense my ass.


Of course, when he's not busy being a deadbeat, he still walks around in his underwear.

Kelsey: Did you forget something there bru?
Hugh: Like what you see?
Kelsey: Hmm, I've seen it before...I'll pass.
Hugh: Oh come on, you know you've been dying to hit this again.
Kelsey: I've been dying to hit you...that counts, right?

*REBECCA'S POV*


So while I'm making breakfast, I get a call from a friend of mine at work, Max Dunkin.  He's having a party and he wants me to come.  He's pretty cool...he's a drummer...I have to admit drummers are dead sexy.  Either way, I think he has a girlfriend or something.

Rebecca: Hey babe, do you want to hit this party with me?
Hugh: Have to work.
Rebecca: Seriously?  You paint...can't you just paint another time?
Hugh: I'm really inspired right now, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Rebecca: Me?  Not understand what it's like to be an artist?  Okay, whatever.
Rebecca: Well I should really go for work.  I'm sure a lot of my co-workers will be there.  I need to socialize.
Hugh: Whatever you want to do.
Rebecca: So you're going to just let me go and not care?
Hugh: What do you mean I don't care?  I just don't want to go.
Rebecca: Whatever, I'll see you when I get home then.

So I head off to Max's party and I'm pissed off already.  I can't believe he would just let me go.


When I get to Max's apartment, which is pretty shabby, no one else is here and he's in the kitchen cooking.

Max: Just make yourself at home.
Rebecca: Okay cool.  Do you have anything to drink?
Max: There's some beer...help yourself.


After a couple beers, I call Hugh.  It goes straight to voicemail.

Rebecca: I just want you to know that I'm having an effing blast without you here.


By the time Max is done with dinner, no one else has arrived.

Rebecca: So...um...where is everyone else?  Is this not a work party?
Max: Oh...um, I don't know.  Must be running late.


After we eat, I'm still the only party guest, so I help him clear the table.

Max: I have a confession to make.
Rebecca: Okay...
Max: There's no one else coming.
Rebecca: Well why the hell not?  Did they blow you off?  I can call a few people...
Max: I didn't invite anyone else.
Rebecca: Huh?  Why not?
Max: I actually have another confession...
Rebecca: Yeah?
Max: I think you're probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen...and I invited you here to a party because I wanted to see you...and I didn't think you would come if it were just me asking you out.
Rebecca: Oh...uh...wow.
Max: I know it probably doesn't matter...

I can't believe a man would go to this kind of trouble for me.  This is the way a man should treat a woman, if you ask me.  Before I can help myself...


I kiss him.  He is really cute.  He doesn't have a whole lot of money, but he's a musician, that's kind of how we all are at first.


When we pull away, he smiles at me.
Max: So I take it you might like me too?

To answer, I kiss him back.

Okay, so I know this is technically not right, but I'm really not getting everything I need from Hugh, and quite frankly, I don't think we're right for each other.


So that's how I end up here...for the rest of the night.

THE NEXT MORNING...


As soon as I get out of the shower, I get a call from Hugh.

Hugh: Where are you?
Rebecca: Um...I'm working out.
Hugh: Have you been working out all night?  I never heard you come home last night.
Rebecca: I did...I just woke up early and decided to take a run.
Hugh: Oh, ok...well hurry home.


Yeah, whatever dude.  You don't own me.


I have to work later today, so I have to head home anyway.

Rebecca: I've gotta get going...
Max: Do you want to meet later?
Rebecca: Yeah, let me call you, okay?


Max: Until then gorgeous.

Then we share a mind-blowing kiss...*swoon*


I am so screwed.


So to make it look believable, I change into some workout clothes and jog home.  I could use the exercise anyway.

When I get home I'm starving and Zoey is sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

*ZOEY'S POV*

Zoey: Where have you been?
Rebecca: Jogging.
Zoey: Uh-huh, that might work on Dudley Dumbass but I know better, what have you been doing?
Rebecca: Okay...so remember that guy's house I went to for the party?  Max Dunkin?
Zoey: Yeah.

She tells me about how she screwed some other dude...not the guy that has moved in here.
Zoey: Are you going to break up with Hugh?


Rebecca: I don't know what I'm going to do just yet...but it's not like I'm married to the guy.
Zoey: Hmm...okay...get the key back.
Rebecca: I'm not sure what...
Zoey: Just get the key back.


Amy: Morning everyone...
Zoey: Guess who this one is screwing?
Rebecca: Zoey!
Zoey: Like you weren't going to tell her anyway.
Rebecca: Yeah, I guess that's true.
Amy: Could someone clue me in?  And if it's not jackass, can we throw him out?  I'm sick of falling in the toilet when he leaves the seat up.
Zoey: Nope...not him.


Rebecca fills Amy in.
Rebecca: I think I might really like him.
Amy: Well, good for you...just pick one and stick to them.  You can't ride two horses with one ass.
Zoey: Nice analogy.
Amy: I know, right?  

After this lovely breakfast conversation, I get a call from my publicist.
Zoey: Bitch must be crazy.
Amy: What?
Zoey: That was my publicist...she wants me to work out...like hell!
Rebecca: You have to!  For one thing it's healthy for you, but for another reason, you'll climb the celebrity ladder a little bit more, and we might get more gigs.

*sigh*


She had to go and persuade me with promises of money.

*KELSEY'S POV*

It has not been a good few weeks for me.  Remember how that rumor was going around about me cheating on my boyfriend?  Well, he broke up with me...via text message.  I'm pretty sure that gives me free rein to annihilate his balls the next time I see him...either way, I've been throwing myself into work lately.


Have I mentioned I love being a cop?  Mostly because it's a legal way for me to carry a gun, but there's other stuff in there too.  The thing I hate though, is paperwork.  My boss tells me that he's going to bench me if I don't catch up, so here I go having to interview a crap ton of people...and as has been previously discussed, my people skills are...lacking.


First, I talk to this woman who witnessed some teenagers vandalizing the side of a building.

Woman: I'm just sick...just sick...
Kelsey: So it was a spray-painted peace sign?  This was traumatizing for you?  Really?  Okay, I hear ya' ma'm.

Nut job.


Something McComb: Then when I got off work, I looked and my bike was gone.
Kelsey: Okay sir, I'm sure the city of Harmony has all the time in the world to hunt down your stolen bike.

Whiny little bitch.


Then I have to type it all up and return it to my boss before tomorrow.  I am ready to tear my hair out when Rebecca comes running through excited as hell.

Rebecca: Get your asses up bitches!  I just got invited to dance at the Pool Club...let's all go.  Hugh, come with us.
Hugh: I don't know...
Kelsey: Aw come on biotch, you know you want to watch a bunch of hot girls shakin' it.
Hugh: There's gonna be hot girls there?
Rebecca gasps.
I punch him in the arm.
Hugh: Ouch!  Shit Kelsey...that really hurt.  What are they teaching you at the police station?
Kelsey: You're lucky it wasn't your balls.

*AMY'S POV*


So we all agree to head out to the club...even Hugh.  Of course, we head to the bar first, but Hugh walks right past it.

Amy: What's his problem?
Rebecca shrugs.


Whatever his problem is, he's getting away from it by taking a snooze outside in one of the lounges.  I've heard of love in this club, but not zzz's in this club...what the hell...?


Zoey and I decide to take it easy in the hot tub.

Zoey: So, how's work going?
Amy: What work?  The hacking, the whoring, or the writing?
Zoey: *laughs* I think you just found the title to your autobiography.
Amy: Ha, probably true...
Zoey: So?
Amy: *sigh* I probably need to quit hacking...at least before someone catches on...I would feel bad about taking a big off the top of these banks, but part of me says fuck em...they've been fucking everyone for years now.
Zoey: Wait, I need to try and remember that quote so I can tell the cops when they interview me.

Amy: If the cops ever ask you questions, you know nothing...about anything, got it?
Zoey: Okay...what about Kelsey?
Amy: She can probably take care of herself, but she doesn't know anything either.  It was all me.
Zoey: Right...so the idea was to quit when Rebecca was human...what happened there?
Amy: Fuck if I know...it's just sooo much money.  It's hard to give up...
Zoey: We're doing better.  Rebecca and Kelsey have stable employment - by some grace of God - I'm really close to reaching my writing goals, and you would be too if you would focus on writing and forget all this other bullshit.
Amy: I did it out of necessity first...I guess maybe now I don't have to...
Zoey: Nope you don't.  Like it or not, we can take care of ourselves.
Amy: Crap, I was counting on never being obsolete.  *laugh*
Zoey: Shoo...it doesn't matter how together we have our shit, you're stuck with us...we're going to fuck up sometimes.
Amy: Ha, welcome to the club...we should call it the We Fuck Up A Lot Club...
Zoey: Maybe we should open a bar...
Amy: We would drink all the alcohol before the doors open.
Zoey: Shit, you're right.

*REBECCA'S POV*


It isn't really easy to get my dance moves going without a few drinks, so Kelsey and I are hitting the bar again...then it's out to shake my money maker...literally.



I'm tearin' it up...I'm a pretty awesome dancer, if I do say so myself.


Of course I speak too soon and start to slip....


EPIC FAIL!  I land right on my ass...yeah, that was smooth...I hope no one saw me.



Shit.

This paparazzi biotch keeps snickering and writing...great...I'll probably be in one of those gossip rags tomorrow.

Once I get enough dancing done and I get paid, the club closes and we all head home.  I'm anxious to head straight to bed and I would like to get some Hugh time...


Of course, when we get home, he decides he needs to take off somewhere...and not tell me where he's going.  Screw this.  I ain't waitin around for no man.


So I head over to Max's apartment...and wait...what the hell?


Rebecca: Where are you?
Max: On my way to work, where are you?
Rebecca: Don't worry about it...do you have time before work to meet up?
Max: A little, meet me at the theater.


Hot damn, I'm gonna get my mack on despite my asshole boyfriend.


Max: Hey sweet thing...I really only have time to hang out for a minute...
Rebecca: Well what are we standing out here talking for then?


I turn around and start walking into the theater and he follows.


Max: Why, Rebecca, are you planning on taking advantage of me?
Rebecca: If you're lucky.


*ZOEY'S POV*


After sleeping the alcohol off, I actually have the ability to do some writing, so I get another book done and ultimately reach my writing goals.

Crap, what am I supposed to do now?

*AMY'S POV*


Amy: What's the plan for tonight, Kels?
Kelsey: Da' club, of course...we're hitting City Cat Club...I'm supposed to drink something they're making, hold it up and smile...yada yada...you all gonna come with?
Amy: I'm in...how about you, Z?
Zoey: Yeah, I'll be DD...I think my liver might run away if I drink any more.
Rebecca: Hey bitches, I'm coming too...
Kelsey: Is your deadbeat of a boyfriend coming?
Rebecca: No, he's staying home, thank God.


Kelsey: I swear Bec, I don't know how you deal with him.  If his penis gets up with the same frequency as his ass getting up off the couch, you have a long miserable life ahead of you.
Zoey: Damn...
Amy: A bit crude, don't you think, Kels?
Kelsey: I'm sorry, since when are any of us virgin ears?
Rebecca: Hey, I take offense...I have never had it in my ears.

We're all laughing as we approach the bouncer.



Kelsey: Damn, he looks mean.
Amy: I think he's hot.
Zoey: Of course you do.


Kelsey: Hey dude, think you can let us in?  That bleach bottle blonde over there wants your nuts.
Bouncer: Go on in.

I'm going to kill her...but after a few drinks, I might actually want his nuts, so I guess I might let her live.

Everyone gets their drink on, then their dance on...



****



After a couple drinks and changing into my bikini, I go out to talk to the bouncer.  He looks really sweet when he's not trying to intimidate people.

Bouncer: Hey girl,
Amy: Hey...when do you get off?
Bouncer: Not til close..
Amy: Think you can take a break?
Bouncer: Maybe...do you think you want to hang out, maybe talk?
Amy: Hmm...we can talk...or we can bone...it can go either way.


So I'm guessing he's going for Option 2.


We go upstairs to the roof hot tub...and let's just say that a lot of people got in thanks to me.  I should get a public service award or something.

We hang out up there until closing, then I meet up with everyone else.


Zoey: Amy, where the hell are your clothes?
Amy: Um...in the hot tub...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!