Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chapter 20: Whores Have Feelings Too

*ZOEY'S POV*


Even though I only started gardening to be able to grow that life fruit for Amy, I have to admit I really enjoy it.  It's kind of relaxing - and let's face it, in this household, I need all the relaxation I can get.

I don't know what is into me today, I'm in a pretty foul mood.  It must be PMS or something.  I swear, if my body isn't pre-menstrual, menstrual, or post-menstrual, than I'm just passed the crap out.  I don't know how women function in daily life.  I have maybe one normal week...if I'm lucky.


First thing, I come into the living room this morning and Amy's on the computer.  I'm hoping our conversation from the other night convinced her to focus on her writing, but no such luck.

Zoey: Hey, about to write something?
Amy: Um...no...I wanted to do some hacking...
Zoey: I thought you could only do that at night.
Amy: I figured out a way to do it in the daytime...

I want to tell her that she would have already reached her goal of being a professional writer if she would just stick to that instead of all this other crap...but I just keep my mouth shut and go on.


Then of course this jerk-off is still here.  Even though Bec found a way to make him useful...by making him clean...he still gets on my nerves.

Hugh: Hey, Zoey!
Zoey: Hey.
Hugh: What's up?
Zoey: About to get some food...but I'm guessing...
Hugh: Uh...I just mopped.
Zoey: Right...never mind.

I think I'm going to spend the day in my room...away from everyone today...I'm just not in the mood to deal with anyone.


Of course when I go in there, I get this surprise...they decorated my room...in purple!  Damn those people that I can't stay aggravated with!  I'm still not dealing with anyone today, but at least I feel a little better.

*KELSEY'S POV*


I just had the best idea.  Know how I was saying before that I'm behind on my reports?  Well, I decided to do some digging and found some information on this dude named Damian Dominic...apparently he's into some seedy shit...check this apartment building out...what could he be doing to afford this?


Only one way to figure it out...face first into his trash...definitely a dirty job, but I know it'll be worth it.


Sure enough, I find some documents linking him to the underground crime ring in the city...in fact, he could possibly be at the head of it, although he doesn't have much of a past before he moved here, from what I can figure out.  He seems like a creepy guy...a person would have to be crazy to get involved with him.

*REBECCA'S POV*


So I've come to the conclusion that I have to break up with Hugh.  No one likes him and he's actually getting on my nerves...so that's pretty much it.

Rebecca: Hey, can we talk?
Hugh: Uh...what's going on?


Hugh: I think I know what this is about...
Rebecca: You do?
Hugh: Yeah and ...uh...this is moving too fast...
Rebecca: What?
Hugh: I figure you want to get married or something, right?
Rebecca: Huh?
Hugh: Look, I like you and all, but you're smothering me.


Rebecca: Are you out of your ever-loving mind?  What the hell makes you think I want to marry you?
Hugh: That's the only thing it could be, right?


Is he serious?  He just made it so much easier to do this.


Rebecca: Ever think that maybe I'm sick of your freeloading ass hanging out here all the time?
Hugh: Look, you don't have to get like that just because I won't marry you.
Rebecca: Okay, let me make this clear...get the fuck out of here.  It's over between us.
Hugh: Wait...where am I supposed to go?
Rebecca: Does that seem like my problem?

He storms out...thank God.  I'm so sick of him...and the girls should be happy too.  Now...I've got another man to go see.


Max: Hello?
Rebecca: Hey babe...want to meet up at the bar?
Max: Um...sure...I'll see you there, okay?


So I go to this little lounge that normally caters to weddings...not that I'm looking to get married right now.  I just thought it would be a nicer place than just some little hole-in-the-wall bar.

I sit and wait for him...

...and wait.

...and wait.

I call, text, message, hell, I even go by his apartment.  He's gone.

What the...?


I come home and collapse in front of the couch.  Amy's on the computer...at least I have someone to talk to.

Rebecca: Why does this shit always happen to me?
Amy: Because men are shit...
Rebecca: I don't know why men don't like me...
Amy: Because they're stupid shit.
Rebecca: You're not helping.


Amy: Okay, seriously?  If this dumb ass can't see how freaking awesome you are, why do you want him?
Rebecca: I don't know...maybe I'm not pretty enough.
Amy: Do you want me to smack you?
Rebecca: No...listen, it makes sense...some guys probably just don't find me attractive.
Amy: Bec, that might be true if you were a less pretty girl...that's the kind of crap people like me tell themselves.  Yeah, some guys find me attractive, some don't.  A chick like you, however, is found hot by all.  Maybe it's just intimidating for these guys.



Rebecca: I think you overestimate the power attractive women have.
Amy: I really don't.  If you would wake up and realize just how much you have to offer a guy, you would be much happier.  I can promise you that.
Rebecca: Whatever.
Amy: Are you coming to the club with us tonight?
Rebecca: Yeah...
Amy: Well then get up off your stinky ass, shower, and get ready.

Sometimes I hate her.

*AMY'S POV*


In an effort to escape the pity party that is going on at the house, I suggest that we hit the club...and I can see if that hot bartender is working.  I run into a different blonde bartender named Colby.


Amy: Hey, is that bartender Justin working?
Colby: Nah, he quit a couple nights ago.  Why you askin?
Amy: Hmm, I don't know...just curious I guess...
Colby: So...how you doin'?

So dude is trying to pick me up, huh?  Hmm...


I guess one bartender is as good as another.





Rebecca and Zoey are busy dancing and what not, so I don't see any harm in heading upstairs to have a little private fun.


Colby and I head upstairs...and into the hot tub.  Turns out he had a wig on...huh, who woulda thought?
Amy: Ya' know, you could have left your hair on...I wouldn't have minded.
Colby: Nah, it gets wet and is impossible to shape.
Amy: Hmm...I can see how difficult it would be to shape it to a point where it looks that messy.

Either way, I head downstairs and he gets to work...he's bartending Justin's old spot.


I come downstairs and Kelsey just got there because she just got off work, so everyone is getting a drink.

Amy: Yeah, give me a long island iced tea.
Bartender: Hey, you're the chick that screws all the bartenders...wanna give it a go on my next break?
Amy: Nah, I'll pass.

THE NEXT MORNING...


I wake up feeling like crap.  For some reason, what the bartender said last night is getting to me.  So I'm known as the "chick that screws all the bartenders"?  Hmm, not a great reputation...

Before I have long to think about it though, I get a call from my agent.  He wants me to hit the Burnt Club to promote a new drink.  Given the reception of the place the last time, I head out alone.


Of course, when I head up to the bar, another hot bartender.  Damn, what is it with me and bartenders?


I think I might need a twelve step program...


like, seriously.

I need to start bringing a we-gotta-go-girl.

*ZOEY'S POV*


Ugh...I'm having a drink because everything in the house is breaking...the dishwasher, the TV...

Amy: Hey, did you know the computer is broken?
Zoey: Grrrrr.
Amy: Everything okay?
Zoey: Yeah...so...what did you do tonight?
Amy: Went to the Burnt Club...had a drink...and...uh...


Zoey: Please do not tell me you screwed another bartender.
Amy: Um...
Zoey: Ga'damn.  Did you use a condom?
Amy: Of course...


I think it's intervention time.
Zoey: What's the deal?  You were never like this before.
Amy: Never?
Zoey: Not to this extent.  I'm worried about you.
Amy: I'm fine...just because I've been sleeping around a little.
Zoey: A little?
Amy: Okay, a lot...I'm just...I don't really know why...
Zoey: What do you mean?
Amy: I don't know.  I'm kind of lost right now, I think.  I've just been thinking about what I want out of my life...and I don't really know...I'm not sure if I want to get married...I know I want to have children, but maybe that isn't going to happen for me.
Zoey: Are you kidding me?  You're probably going to have five...and then you're going to have to take care of any that I have...you know that, right?
Amy: I'm just terrified I won't be able to have any...
Zoey: Well if you keep going this way you'll get AIDS and really won't be able to have any.
Amy: Yeah, I know...

2 comments:

  1. When will Uncle TBone and hadley's dad come into the picture?

    Great job, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure when they're going to show up...I don't even know how I'm going to introduce them...they're kind of sowing their wild oats right now. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!