Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chapter 22: It's a Family Tradition

*AMY'S POV*


"So where is it we're going?" I ask.  Rebecca got back from wherever she was and wanted to go out, so here we are, in her car.
"Just out to a bar," Rebecca replies, "Richard really pissed me off.  I just need to go out."

"Ahh," I reply.  She has only been dating this guy for a short time and already he seems like a douche bag.  "What did he do?" Zoey asks.


Rebecca starts in with the story, "We got into a fight because I wanted to stay there and he wanted me to leave.  He seems to like me, and he's got the biggest..."
"Whoa, whoa...we don't need to know." Zoey interrupts.
"Speak for yourself," Kelsey says.


Thank goodness we get to the bar.  It's a little Irish pub on the edge of town, before you get into the city. We haven't been here a lot, but it looks cool.


Everyone goes in and gets drinks, then head upstairs where there are a few bar games like shuffle board and darts.  I just sit at the bar.  I'm not looking for another bartender, believe me.  I get a glass of wine and start thinking.  


I can hear everyone having fun upstairs...Rebecca is talking about Richard and Kelsey is talking about some dude she's kind of seeing right now.



This wine must be getting to me because I start wondering when I'm going to have someone that really loves me.  Maybe I've made some bad decisions in my life, but I am making amends, and they were all for a good reason.


I wonder what's wrong with me.  I know I'm not as pretty as my sisters...and certainly not as skinny...but I'm still a good person and worthy of someone's love, right?
Ugh.  I shouldn't have gotten wine.

*KELSEY'S POV*

"Is anyone else hungry?" Zoey asks.
I agree, "I'm starving."


"I'm not really that hungry," Rebecca starts.
Yeah right.
"Bullshit," I tell her, "I can hear your stomach growl from over here...you're interfering with my concentration."

"I'm getting a pizza," Zoey says, "eat it if you want."


As soon as Rebecca sits down, she devours this pizza.  I knew the bitch was hungry.
"Told you," I say before biting into my piece.

"*Chew, chew* Shut up whore," she muffles out from behind all the food in her mouth.

The pizza is awesome, but it makes me want to dance.  You can't do that in a little bar.

"Hey, let's go to a dance club," I suggest.

Rebecca objects, "I'm not dressed for a dance club.  Let's just bar hop..."
"Nah, I want to dance too," Zoey says.

Rebecca pouts, but she agrees, so we take off.


We go to the City Cat Club and as soon as we get there, we realize someone is missing.

"Where's Amy?" Zoey asks.
"Probably back there banging some bartender," Rebecca says.

I punch her in the arm.
"Ow!  Shit, Kels...what was that for?"
"For being a judgmental bitch," I tell her.
"I'm not..." she starts, "it's just...she's been banging a lot of bartenders lately.  I don't know what's gotten into her...no pun intended."
Zoey looks back at us, "Maybe we should just shut up about it and wait for her."

So I call her.
Kelsey: Hey, where are you?
Amy: I was thinking about going home...
Kelsey: No!  Come on, what's wrong?
Amy: I don't feel like being out tonight.
Kelsey: What's wrong Sis?  Are you mad at us?
Amy: No, no.  Of course not...I'm just not feeling well...

Rebecca grabs the phone from me, "Amy Lynn Keagan, quit being a pussy and get your ass here,"
She waits for a second, then hangs up.  "She's on the way."

*ZOEY'S POV*


As soon as Amy gets there, we head upstairs.  Bec and Kels head inside to dance, but Amy and I hang back.

"Everything okay?" I ask her.  Even though she came back out, she looks like she might have been crying.
"Eh, I'll get over it," she replies, "nothing some more drinks won't cure."

With that, we decide to drink ourselves stupid before hitting the dance floor.


We drink so much I have no problem making a complete idiot out of myself.


Amy even einds up with a smile on her face.  It might be brought about by alcohol, but it's still there.

*REBECCA'S POV*


Even though I'm dancing and trying to put it out of my head, I can't stop thinking about Richard.  He really seems to like me, but then he has to act like an asshole sometimes...and yet I like him more.



I decide to call him, but when he doesn't answer at 3 am, I decide to go over there.  Call me crazy or drunk, but I know something is going on with him and I'll be damned if I let anyone make a fool out of me.

"Where are you going?" Amy asks me as she sees me leave.
"Richard isn't answering his phone.  I have to go over there," I tell her.
Amy looks at me warily, "Bec please don't do anything crazy."
"I won't," I assure her as I leave.


Turns out, I still don't know if I have anything to worry about.  When I get to his house, it's empty.
I wait around for him, but he never shows...so I head home.

When I get there, everyone is eating breakfast.  I change out of my outfit so they don't think I'm crazy.  Kelsey is trying to convince Amy to go out again tonight.



"You have got to be out of your mind," Amy is telling Kels, "My body is not what it used to be...I can't go out every night and drink anymore."

Kelsey just looks at her, "That's because you're old.  "

"Screw you," Amy replies.

***LATER...***

Kelsey must have convinced Amy, because later on that night, we go out.  I convince them to go to this bar on Richard's part of town called The Gator Shack.


"Hey, is that Richard's truck?" Kelsey asks.  
Sure enough, it is...what the hell?  Does he have radar on me?  Oh look, Rebecca's trying to find me, I have to get out of here.  What the f...?


"Where the hell are y'all taking us?" Zoey asks as we turn down a dirt road.
"Looks like somewhere between you got a 'perty mouth and y'all come back now, ya hear." Amy says.
"Oh come on guys, it might not be that bad," I tell them, "besides, if this is where Richard hangs out, I want to know about it."


Okay, so it's that bad.
"Well, we may as well just have a drink," I say.
"If someone hauls one of us off and tries to make us squeal like a pig..." Amy starts.
"They won't," I say, "but let's hurry up and get inside."


So they don't have anything but beer and bourbon.  Beer it is.
"I want a shot of bourbon," Kelsey says.
I look at her like she's crazy.  "No way, you're mean enough already."


I end up liking this place because they let me play for them.


I think they end up having a good time as well...Zoey looks like she's about to scare the crap out of Amy...


Later in the night, I decide to go back to Richard's.
"I don't know why you want to keep chasing him," Kelsey says.

I really can't answer that...either way, I leave them there and head to Richard's.



He lives in such a beautiful part of the area...away from the city, quiet, right on the water.


I let myself in the house and into his bedroom where I startle him awake.
"What are you doing here?" he asks me.
I'm probably a little drunk, but that offends me, "I'm horny, asshole.  I just came here to screw you, but if you want me to leave..."


That's what I thought.


He really must like me...look at the way he's looking at me.


So we end up...you know...


Afterward, when we're laying on his bed together, he says, "Um, you probably need to go ahead and go...uh, I have to go to work in a little bit.  I want to get some sleep."

Damn.  Why do I keep falling for it?
I convince him to let me take a shower, than I head home.  It's well after 6 am, but Amy is outside when I get there.


"Where have you been?" Amy asks.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Cat! I have been thinking that people are losing interest...good to know you're enjoying it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!