Monday, February 20, 2012

Chapter 21: Don't Count on Me Calling You Again

*REBECCA'S POV*


So things have been looking up lately.  I gave myself a makeover...I went back to blonde...I'm just not a "brunette" person...and things just keep getting better because I get an offer to do a cameo in a movie at the studio...at the tune of $10 G's!


It's for a horror film and I die first, but it's still cool...money is money...and the hot chicks always die first, right?  I use it to decorate the bedrooms.


This is mine...I'm kind of a classic, slightly vintage/bohemian style type...I found this wrought-iron four post bed at a thrift store.  Isn't it gorgeous?


Here's Amy's.  She's vintage Old Hollywood style...


Kelsey is of course, a little more modern.


And Zoey's is already done, but I got her a new comforter...her style is a little more modern classic with a trendy twist.

*ZOEY'S POV*


Before dinner, I get a call to go to The Burnt Club for a drink promotion.  Awesome.  I'm not a big fan of it, but they're willing to give me $1,000...so I know I'd be crazy to pass it up.  I mean, they're offering me money to be seen drinking one of their drinks...unless it's Arsenic Juice, I think I'll survive.  If I can get everyone to go suffer with me, that will be even better.


"So who's in?" I ask.
"As much as I would love to go..." Amy starts.
I cut her off, "You lie."
"Either way," she continues, "I'm staying in tonight.  I think I might die of alcohol poisoning if I go out anymore this week."
"Damn, you had to go and bring up threats of death.  Cheap, very cheap.  So what about everyone else?"
Rebecca acts a little weird before she declines.
"I'm in," Kelsey says, "ever known me to skip a night out?"
"I'm pretty sure that's going to go on your gravestone: 'Never One to Miss a Party'" Zoey says

So we head out after dinner.

*KELSEY'S POV*


I go with Zoey to The Burnt Club even though it's not really my scene.  It's not really hers either, but she's selling her soul for money like the rest of us.

When I walk inside, the place smells like burning flesh and mold.  I'm not sure which is worse.
"This place is creepy," I tell Zoey.
She just replies, "Yup."



We basically go downstairs, get drinks, drink them and go home.  The only good thing about it is that we're not required to smile.  Emo assholes prefer their patrons to look tortured and forlorn.

*REBECCA'S POV*


Being secretive isn't something I normally do, and I'm not really sure why I didn't just tell them that I have a date...but either way, I'm headed across the bridge (like an hour away) because I just met the HOTTEST guy I have ever seen.  He's got a good job and a house right on the water.  He might be perfect for me.


We meet at this little hole in the wall bar.  He's so hot!  He's a really good dresser too.  I can tell he's into me.

He is so confident in the way he walks and talks.  It makes me want to jump him.


I don't know what it is about him...he reminds me of Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing...HOT!  Okay, so he's a little older than me...like ten years, but I'm mature for my age.


I don't know what comes over me, but I just have to make out with him.  He's a really good kisser and I can tell he has a lot more going on.

*AMY'S POV*


I don't know if it's really noticeable, but I have put on some weight lately, which is fine I suppose.  I'm trying to get away from the slutty look a bit, so it's time for a makeover.  I color my hair a dark brown and pin the bangs on top of my head.


Then Kelsey decides to go more "tough chick".  I think it's safe to say that it suits her.


Zoey also switches her look up a bit.  She gets this wig that looks so cute on her and some new more "grown up" looking clothes.


Next step in my makeover?  Quit doing unsavory activities like whoring and hacking and concentrate on my writing.

Zoey sees me at the computer when she wakes up.

"Whatcha' doing?" she asks.
"Writing," I reply.
She looks surprised, "For real this time?  Wow.  That's awesome.  I really think you'll feel better about yourself."
"One can only hope."



As we're talking, Rebecca runs past us.
"Hey, where are you off to so fast?" Zoey asks her.


*REBECCA'S POV*


"I'll be back soon...I have an errand." I hear the lie just spilling out of my mouth.  Why am I keeping this a secret?  I have no idea.


I have been trying to call Richard all morning and he won't answer his cell.  I'm starting to get paranoid here...so I decide to head over to his house.  If he's there with a girl...I might just have to kill him.


When I get there, I am so impressed.  He talked to me about how much work he had done on his house, which is obvious, but he's got the best few ever.


How gorgeous is this?  I could definitely get used to being here.

The only thing that sucks is that when I knock on the door, he's not home.



Lucky for me, I find the spare key.  It's even more beautiful on the inside.  It's obvious he's done a lot of work.  He's really handy...that's a good quality in a man.  







This is his back patio with a view that looks right into the lake.  I could definitely get used to being here.
While I'm here, I may as well look for evidence of a girlfriend...he can't get anything past me.  After carefully looking at everything, I can't see anything, so I'm satisfied...for now.



*ZOEY'S POV*


"Where are you headed in such a hurry?" Amy asks me as I'm running out the door.
"Late for a date," I reply.
"A what?" I hear her as I head out the door.

She heard me right.  I have a date tonight.  It's been a long, dry few months and it's about time I got out.  This guy's name is Seth Hardin and he works at the coffee house.  He got the job after that dude Amy liked moved out of town because his girlfriend got knocked up.  Either way, I agreed to meet Seth for drinks tonight.



He's waiting outside the club when I get there.


Somehow we get to talking about kids...he wants a bunch...dear Lord help me.  I don't know about this guy.   I really just want one.

Give him a chance, give him a chance.  I repeat the mantra in my head over and over.  *Sigh* Okay, fine.


We head inside and I get us some drinks while he heads to the pool.


He is really cute...

"How about going for a swim?" He asks me after taking his shirt off (nice of him, right?).
"Uh, I'm not really much of a pool person," I tell him.
He looks like he's thinking, and then he asks, "How about a compromise.  Are you a hot tub person?"

I don't have to think about that one for long, "Definitely."

So I head to change into my suit and when I come back, he grabs me by the hand and I think he's leading me to the hot tub when he spins me around.



I laugh, "What was that?" 
"Showing off my moves," he replies, "can you tell?"



He turns out to be a pretty good dancer.


And he does have this come hither stare...yummy.


I don't know what comes over me, but I work up a little bit of courage...


...and kiss him!  I'm not normally this forward.


I might have started it, but he finishes it.  Cute, good dancer, and good kisser...yeah, I think I can overlook the kid thing...at least for right now.


Then we get in the hot tub and talk for a little bit...


...but just end up making out...all in all, a good date.

*REBECCA'S POV*


I'm going to kill Richard.  He hasn't answered his phone all morning.


Finally, out of the clear blue, he calls.

"What do you want?" he asks.
"Well that's a hell of a way to greet someone dude," I reply.
"You've been blowing up my phone all morning.  How do you expect me to react?" he sounds pissed.
"Hmm, well, maybe if you had answered your phone at some point, I wouldn't have felt the need to call you so much," I tell him.  I'm starting to think he's kind of an asshole.


He gets quiet, "Look, let's meet when I get off work, okay?"
"Really?" I reply, "Okay!  Where?"
"Meet me at the bar we met before.  But I gotta go get back to work.  See you then." he says and hangs up the phone.



I get there and he wraps his arms around me.  He must really like me, right?


"What do you think about going to my place?" he asks.
"Yeah, sure," I reply.  I hope he doesn't think I'm easy...


"But I'm not going to sleep with you...at least not without some kind of commitment," I tell him.
I kind of talk a lot when I'm nervous...and end up saying inappropriate things.

"Hey, that's no problem," he says.


What does that mean?  I take it to mean that he wants a commitment too...right?


So we head back to his place.

When we're done, I get up and head to the kitchen.
"What do you want for dinner?" I ask him, "I can maybe get something, or throw something together..."
"I should probably just rest tonight.  I go into work early," he says.
"Oh, okay," I head over to the couch.



"What the hell are you doing?" Richard asks me.
"Going to hang out, what do you think I'm doing?" I say.
"I thought you were getting the hell out, but I guess I was wrong," he says.



"Look dude, you don't have to be such an asshole about it," I tell him.

He storms off and leaves me standing alone in the living room.  I don't need this shit.



Yeah, he's definitely an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!