Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chapter 24: One's Drinking, One's Smoking, One's Taking Pills

*KELSEY'S POV*

When I get home from work, I go directly to my room and sleep for four hours.  I only wake up when I get a call offering me some money to go dance at the City Cat Club.


I get ready and head downstairs, only to see Zoey and Amy in the living room.  Zoey is reading and Amy is on the computer.


"What's going on?" I ask, "Are we being boring old people tonight?"
Shut your face, whore," Amy says, "Where are you going all dressed up?
"I have to go to the club to dance, anybody want to come?"
"Fuck no!" Amy and Zoey reply in unison.  Damn...


"Okay, I get it.  Where's Bec?  Maybe she'll want to come."
"She got home, said she was sick and went to bed," Zoey replies.
"Well damn," I start, "Guess I'm just going by myself then."



When I get to the club, no one else is here.  I can see why they need to do some promotions.  I better still get paid.

THE NEXT MORNING...

*ZOEY'S POV*


When I wake up, I see Rebecca trying to fix pancakes.
"Okay, these better not burn or I'm going to go off," she is saying to herself.
I raise my eyebrows.


Is she crying?
"What's wrong?" I ask.
Her reply, "Nothing."

Oh-kay.  I just get a cup of coffee and go about my business....have no intention of getting in anyone's way...


Bec comes over with a plate of pancakes when she's done.  
"Pancakes are ready," she says.
"Okay," I reply and continue drinking my coffee.
Ahh, coffee to a writer is like...air to anyone else, I'm pretty sure.


"Are you going to get some pancakes?" Rebecca looks at me like I just stepped on her puppy, "I worked really hard on them."
"Yeah, sure, in just a minute," I tell her as I inhale the wonderful aromas coming from my coffee cup.
"Fine, don't worry about it," she replies...seemingly angrily...did I miss something?
"I'm getting some in just..." I start.

She slams her fork down and looks up, "Don't do it just to make me happy."
Huh?
"Okay," I tell her as I start to get up, "I'll do it because I'm hungry."

As I start to wonder if I have lost my mind or if Rebecca has, Amy walks in.

"Morning all," she greets us groggily.



I get up and get a plate before I'm sacrificed or something.
After I eat, I avert my eyes and make my exit.


I'm about to get on the computer and work on my latest book when I'm hit with massive migraine.


Thank the heavens above for pills.

*REBECCA'S POV*


I feel so sluggish I have to work out...




I know it's obsessive compulsive, but I have to do something to bring my energy up.  I feel like crap.
As I'm working out, Kelsey comes down ready for work.


After I work out, I try to take a nap, but the dog wakes me up and I just can't get comfortable.  I have a lot on my mind lately.  I need to talk to someone.

As if fate is just answering my prayers right there on the spot, Amy walks in.


Amy: Hey babe, what's up?
Rebecca: I need to talk to you.

*AMY'S POV*


My little sister looks so distressed, I don't know what could possibly be bothering her, but if it's that boy, I'm going to kill him.  I don't care if he's older than me, he's certainly not a man if he treats Bec like crap.


Amy: What's going on sweetie?
Rebecca: I don't even know where to begin...
Amy: Honey, don't worry about it, you know you can tell me anything, right?
Rebecca: Yeah...I just...I don't know what to do....
Amy: Okay, just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and blurt it out.

She keeps looking around like a deer caught in headlights....
Amy: Okay, just...


Rebecca: I'm pregnant.


4 comments:

  1. That'll throw a spanner in the works won't it...

    Oh dear. Good post.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, one baby vs. four women = chaos! LOL

      Delete
  2. OH my gosh!! This'll be interesting!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...I'm pretty excited to be getting to this part.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!