Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chapter 29: More, More More...How Do You Like It?

*AMY'S POV*


Kelsey: Never thought we'd be here again...
Zoey: Yeah...except this time we have money.
Rebecca:  Oooh, PARTY!
Amy: Uh, no.
Kelsey: Road trip!
Amy: Don't make me beat you.


We build a house...a lot quicker than before.  It's not exactly the same, but it's a house.


Of course life with Brody is still constant amazement.  I swear the kid is too smart.
Rebecca: What's that, Brod?
Brody: Nose!
Rebecca: What are those?
Brody: Eyes!
Rebecca: When's your birthday?
Brody: August 7.
Rebecca: How do you spell your name?
Brody: B-R-ODY Brody!!!!

He just turned one...the kid is amazing...it scares me that he's probably going to outsmart all four of us in about six months.


Rebecca: Why Can't I ever find a man?
Zoey: You have one attached to your hip.
Rebecca: Yeah, not what I meant.


Amy: Why do you want a man anyway?
Kelsey: Here we go.
Rebecca: Um, because I want someone to be with.  I want to get married.  I'm ready to settle down.  Don't you want to do the same thing?
Amy: I'm actually starting to think I definitely don't want to get married.

Rebecca looks at me in complete shock.
Rebecca: Why not?  Don't you want to find love?
Amy: I honestly think it's overrated...there's not a single man I've met that I want to put up with.  They're like children...I want to give birth to my children, not pick them out at a speed dating event.
Rebecca: Therein lies the problem Sis, you can't have children without having a man.
Zoey: She can adopt.


Rebecca looks at Zoey.
Rebecca: Don't tell me you're on this don't get married kick too?
Zoey: I was born with the don't get married kick...if I find someone, that's great, but I'm not counting on it.
Rebecca: You all are too sad...
Amy: Whatever.


*ZOEY'S POV*


After we talk with Rebecca, she leaves to go to work.  Kelsey is at work too, so that leaves Amy and me to stay home and take care of Brody...he sits peacefully in his swing, letting us write for a long time until all of a sudden he starts screaming.  I get up and go over to him.  Amy just sits at her computer writing.

Zoey: How can you work through this?
Amy: Give him a minute, he might stop.
Zoey: I don't think he's stopping.


Zoey: Please stop crying, kid.
Amy: You might need to pick him up.
Zoey: Me?  I'm pretty sure I made him cry...
Amy: No you didn't.  He's just being a brat...pick him up and he should stop.
Zoey: ...okay...


I pick him up...and he doesn't stop...in fact I think I made it worse...he continues to scream in my ear.

I am so not a kid person.


*REBECCA'S POV*

When I get off work, I get a call from Kelsey.
Rebecca: Hello?
Kelsey: Hey, Josh is having a party...do you want to come?
Rebecca: Yeah, sure...need me to pick anything up?  Food?  Beer?
Kelsey: No, we're good, just come on.  I'll text you the address so you can GPS it...


When I get there, I see this guy playing the guitar.  Cool, I didn't know they would be playing music.
The guy was singing a rock song from the 90's and occasionally running his fingers through his hair...well gee, I guess he thinks he's luxurious...


But I keep watching and he's really good...when he notices me watching, he stops playing.


Rebecca: That was really good...
Guitar Guy: Hey, thanks...what's your name?

He flips his hair and runs his fingers through it again.  Oh-kay.
I tell him my name...his name is Josh.


We get to talking and I tell him I'm a musician too.
Josh: Oh, awesome...maybe we can write together sometime.

Uh-huh.  I've been in this town long enough to know what that means.
Write together = hook up.
I don't think he's really my type, but he's a pretty good musician, so I take his number and tell him I'll call him.


*KELSEY'S POV*


I have been seeing Josh for awhile now and I really think I'm falling in love with him...I feel like a different person when I'm with him...and the thing that I find most attractive about him is the thing I find most disturbing.  He has a temper.


We fought more than anything...I actually found it a little hot for awhile.


...but then I got sick of it.  I got sick of his jealousy, his constant obsession with what I was doing...I couldn't handle it anymore...so it was over.


Of course, it isn't long before I meet Sedrick Avery.  He's sweet, a true gentleman, and completely head over heels for me.

*ZOEY'S POV*

Wahhh!  Wahhhh!  Wahhhh!



Why does he always find me when he's crying?

Zoey: Uh, don't cry.  It's okay.
Brody: Wahhhhh!

Oh crap...what are you gonna do?  So I reach down and pick him up.


Surprisingly he doesn't cry.
Brody: Hug Brody, Zoey!
I give him a hug...okay, maybe I can get used to this.

*AMY'S POV*

 

Even though Rebecca continually said Josh wasn't her type, she seems to be spending a lot of time with him.  He is helping her with her guitar skills, so she got promoted to background vocalist...and I can see other influences.

 

She has started wearing all these hippie clothes...she says she feels like this is who she really is.  I guess we'll see.


Zoey invites Seth over...she says he is a little annoying, but he's okay for now.


With Kelsey, Rebecca, and Zoey all dating, I find myself wishing I had someone...so it's time to change this ratty hairstyle.


There, that's better.



4 comments:

  1. You know, for a town called Harmony, it isn't PARTICULARLY harmonious.

    That is all. Skye out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? LOL It should have been called Weirdos...

      Delete
  2. @Skye - that is so true!

    I love this story! It's so funny. My favorite line in this chapter was [Rebecca: Why Can't I ever find a man?
    Zoey: You have one attached to your hip.
    Rebecca: Yeah, not what I meant.}

    Haha, that had me lol-ing. :D

    Brody is so cute! Gah, he probably will be smarter than all of them in a few months time!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it...for some reason I keep second guessing myself with this one...I'm glad you liked that line...it was one of my faves too. Yeah, I think the girls need Brody to outsmart them so they'll stop doing stupid stuff! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!