Monday, March 5, 2012

Chapter 26: Accidents Happen

*ZOEY'S POV*


The renovation for the baby's room is almost done...we really just need to get stuff for it...of course, we had to re-situate all the upstairs bedrooms, which made Kelsey bitchy and bitter, but what can you do?  We have to put this kid somewhere.


This is the latest picture of the house.  I say we have come a long way since we were living in sleeping bags outside all the time.


Speaking of things getting bigger, Rebecca is about ready to pop.  She's due any day and she still looks amazing...basically she's nothing but belly...she's completely toned and small everywhere else...which helps prove my belief that she is a freak of nature.

*REBECCA'S POV*


I'm a little freaked out about having a baby, but I'm trying to be calm about it...my boobs look awesome and I put cocoa butter all over my stomach every night so I don't get stretch marks...it seems to be working.


I have to admit, I kind of like jazzing up my belly...just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean I have to put on a potato sack and hide in a hole.

So I put on a cute bikini, do my hair, and put my shades on before heading to the pool...

As for Richard, I think he's really coming around to the idea that we could be more than just parents of the same child.  We're spending a lot more time together and I think he might consider marrying me if everything works out.  Maybe this baby will bring us closer. 


Rebecca: Dude, pregnancy is making me hungry all the time...this kid is like, no joke...feed me now!
Kelsey: Probably because your kid doesn't want to be anorexic.
Rebecca: What is that supposed to mean?
Kelsey: You figure it out.
Rebecca: Ya' know, I've about had it with your bullshit.
Amy: Guys, do we have to fight?

Kelsey gets up and storms out.  I don't know what has gotten into her lately, but I'm about to kick her ass...


Rebecca: What's her deal?
Amy: I have no idea...she'll get over it.
Rebecca: I mean, is she giving me shit because I got pregnant?  If that's the case, I think that is so wrong...it could have been any one of us.
Amy: I don't know...
Rebecca: besides, I have a lot going for me, even though it might not seem like it.  I'm really growing up a lot...I mean, I have to, I'm gonna be a mom, right?
Amy: You're already a mom.
Rebecca: Yeah, that's right.  I have to think of my child.  I think it's going to be a good thing.  Maybe Richard and I will end up getting married.
Amy: Maybe.
Rebecca: I'm really lucky, actually...Richard makes good money, he has a house, he's hot, everybody says I'm hot, and we're gonna have a hot baby.


Amy: You are crazy.
Rebecca: I didn't mean to sound conceited...it's just...all of Richard's friends think I'm hot...so...
Amy: You are hot Bec...that's not really it...
Rebecca: Oh, okay.

We eat in silence for a minute before Amy starts talking.
Amy: I think you should sleep downstairs with me until you have the baby...so you won't have to walk downstairs when you're in labor.


She has a point, so I sleep in her bed...it's not too different from when we were kids.  We would all pile into one bed and stay up all night.  Of course, that was before I got this energy sucker in my stomach.

I curl in next to her and go right to sleep.


Until I am awoken with pains radiating through my entire body.  Holy crap, this is it.

*KELSEY'S POV*


Amy wakes Zoey and me up to let us know that she's taking Rebecca to the hospital and we should be on our way.  Yeah, okay...grr...

I know I've been a bitch about this whole thing...I'm not really sure why, the entire situation just gets on my nerves.  I know it could have been me or Amy...in fact, if I had to guess I would have put my money on Amy...haha...okay, or me...I was just kidding...sort of.


I get the pleasure of calling Richard, who bitches at me for calling him in the middle of the night.
"Your girlfriend is in labor, dip shit," I tell him.
"What?  Oh shit!  Why didn't you say so?!" Maybe screaming is his default setting.   What a dick.


Zoey and I come in after they get settled.  Rebecca is screaming like a freak and I have no idea what's going on.  Zoey and I are in the waiting room.

Kelsey: Do you think maybe we should go check on her?
Zoey: Have at it if you want...I'm staying right here.

I wait for a minute, then I decide to go in.  Rebecca's screaming, but the anesthesiologist is showing up, so she's calming down.  Then the doctor says it's time to push and for everyone to get out.

As I'm walking out, the doctor is putting her in the stirrups and I look over at exactly the wrong time and see way more of my sister than I ever wanted to...
I come out looking shocked.
Zoey: Is everything okay?
Kelsey: She's pushing.
Zoey: What's with the face?
Kelsey: Her crotch looked like a stop sign.
Zoey: Well huh, maybe Richard should remember that image next time he wants to go there.
Kelsey: Yeah, maybe.

*AMY'S POV*


By sunrise, all of us are heading home.  Once we're in the cab, the driver asks if anyone else is coming.

Amy: No.
Rebecca: Amy...Richard is standing at the door...
Amy: I know.
Rebecca: So you know he's coming with us...
Amy: Oh, my bad...I guess we're stuck with him now, huh?

I look over into my sisters arms...


I could be bias, but she's holding the cutest little boy I've ever seen.
We all might not agree on everything, but we all agreed this morning that all of our hearts belong to Brody Bricklen Stouki.


Of course, with the sweet comes the sour...Richard comes back to the house with us.  As we're walking in, his dickish behavior comes through.
Dick: Hey, Bec...I'm hungry...fix me some breakfast.
Rebecca: You don't think I might be tired after giving birth?  You should fix me breakfast.
Dick: But you're the chick.

Bite tongue, bite tongue, bite tongue.


Rebecca: Hey Amy, can you fix some breakfast...
Amy: For him?!
Rebecca: No, for all of us...
Kelsey: Will you be staying for breakfast, Di- I mean, Richard?
Richard: Yeah.
Rebecca: Come on, Amy...please?  I have to take care of Brody.
Amy: *groan* Fine.
Richard: I want eggs.
Kelsey: This isn't Burger King...you can't have it your way.
Zoey: It'd be best not to push it with this crowd dude.

Richard just scoffs and walks in the house like he owns the damn place...I really don't like him.


Rebecca comes inside and gives her son a bottle while I go inside to cook for the other baby.


While I'm cooking, she settles Brody in a swing and starts it up.
Rebecca: Mom said these things are life savers.
Amy: Yeah, Kelsey was upset when they wouldn't let her sit in hers anymore...last year.
Kelsey: Screw you whore.
Zoey: Shouldn't we be watching our language now that there's a baby in the house?
Amy: Oh shit, we probably should...
Zoey: I can tell that's gonna work out.


I end up cooking eggs (call me a people pleaser) and we all sit down for breakfast.
Dick: *to Rebecca* I hope you can cook like this when you and Brody move in with me.
Amy: What?
Rebecca: Richard...I told you I was thinking about it...
Dick: What's there to think about?  A woman's place is at home taking care of her baby with the baby's father.
Amy: A woman's place?
Zoey: Does that mean you're going to marry her?
Dick: Not right away...but...eventually...yeah, uh, sure.
Rebecca: Guys, let's not talk about this right now...

So with nothing to talk about, we finish breakfast in silence.  When we're finished and the table is cleared, Rebecca looks exhausted.
Amy: Why don't you go lay down.  I'll stay up and keep an eye on Brody.
Rebecca: *yawn* Are you sure?
Amy: Yeah, go on.  Richard...are you staying or going?

He mumbles something about having to work and takes off.


I work on a book while Brody sleeps.  Everything is going until I can hear him gurgle and wake up.

Amy: Aww, are you awake little man?
I reach into the swing and pull him into my arms.


No sooner do I do that than he pees through his diaper and his blanket, on to me...then he laughs.

Amy: Oh, so this is how it's gonna be, huh?
Brody: *giggle, gurgle, giggle*

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Brody! Cute name, cute baby, ADORABLE last picture and caption!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think by leaving a comment! It would make my day! Thanks!